Sunday, June 19, 2011

Blooms and a Kitten Reveal


Daylilies are one of my favorite summer blooms.



A new bloom every day. This year seems to be a good one for the lilies.



By dividing them every couple of years, I have an ongoing supply.



The Black-Eyed Susans  - oops, I mean purple coneflowers now that I see the petal color - are getting ready to bloom.   Mine are in a pot, out of rabbits' reach.



We've got transplanted daylilies back here, too!



And now, (drumroll, please!) for the moment you've all been waiting for!
Let me introduce you to Jackson!



As in, rhymes with Action!



This little boy has quickly made a place for himself in our hearts. He fits in well with the other kitty boys.



But he loves his humans the best!



He comes running when called. He chatters excitedly at the fishing pole toy as it swings by him.



His spots are beautiful,



And his stripes, stunning.
Jackson. Action Jackson. Jacks. Jacksie. A.J. The possibilities are endless!

Join me as I visit Cielo for Show off Your Cottage Monday, and Jean for Bloomin' Tuesday!

Wishing each of you a wonderful week,

Carol

22 comments:

Cozy Little House said...

Oh, it makes me smile. How I wish my Emily would relax and learn to play!
Brenda

Mildred said...

Jackson is a perfect name. He looks like he is going to be a big kitty! Such a sweet face.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

How fun, Jackson is a cutie! My lilies are happy this year too, they are such a nice easy plant, love them:@)

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Oh I guessed right...a kitty! Well enjoy....but don't buy any Betta fish! LOL

The flowers are just wonderful and I am already planning plants for next year after all these beautiful pictures.

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

Jackson is such a cute name for him :D

Debbie said...

I can't help myself. I have to say it. Jackson is a purrfect choice!

Yeah, lame. I know.

Cindy said...

Your little Jackson sounds like a ball of fun! I love kittens, we never laughed so hard as we did when we had a Siamese kitten! They do steal your hearts.
Your day lilies are lovely!
Hugs, Cindy

Leann said...

Much better - now I gotcha! My word Action Jackson is a sweetie. I love his spots on his belly.

Enjoy him!

Leann

Jane said...

Love your pretty flowers and cute cat. Action Jackson rocks!

Jane

Linda O'Connell said...

Hi carol,
Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Seeing your cute fur baby made me happy.

Liz said...

He is darling!!! I just don't think that there is anything more fun or sweet than a baby kitty! Your cottage garden is beautiful too. Thanks for sharing it! :)

~Liz

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

What a cute cat he look's like he is having a lot of fun. And I just saw your hydregas they are beautiful. Thank You for stopping by for a visit.....Julian

Vee said...

Fits him perfectly...

The day lilies are lovely. I must remember to divide mine this year.

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Jackson is darling! I love seeing your dayliles. They're such a classic cottage flower.

no spring chicken said...

Action Jackson. You're brilliant. He's beautiful. A match made in heaven...

Blessings, Debbie

Sharing Shadymont said...

Thank you so much for stopping by Shadymont. It allowed me to find your blog! I love your home and will be following your blog. Thanks again for your visit and sweet comments!

Jackson is adorable!

Blessings,
Kathy

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble said...

Beautiful flowers. My daylilies are getting ready to bloom and I have had one bloom open on my cone flowers so far.....

Hugs,
Debbie

Jean said...

Love the daylilies against the porch. No day lilies or cone flowers bloomin' here yet! Jean

GardenofDaisies (Gayle) said...

I love daylilies stoo! And your little kitten is adorable!!!

Flea Market Lynn said...

Thx for stopping by and leaving a comment in my new blog. Just started it this weekend, so I can share my passion of gardening and antiqueing. I hope you will become a follower. I am signing up to follow you too! Love the cats!

Kathy said...

I love daylilies too! They add a lot to the garden - my coneflowers are doing pretty good - trying to keep them alive! Love Jackson! So cute - we have 3 outdoor cats - they're spoiled but keep away the vermin!
Have a great week,
Kathy

Karen said...

Action-Jackson - Perfect! a real cutie!