Saturday, June 4, 2011

Great Comfort

We pray for our children every day. We want the best for them - God's will. Sometimes it is hard to keep them surrendered to Him.  But He promises to keep them.




I love my dearest Chickie with all my heart.  Now that she is an adult, our relationship is in a whole new stage.  But the Lord told me to trust Him.  He has cared for her and met her where she is time after time, year after year.  She knows Him. 
He is faithful.
He keeps His promises.

I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day.
1 Timothy 6:12

The verse above is the verse of my mom's faith story.  She has shared with me the truth of the promise.  How He kept her and continues to do so, how the Lord has kept Chickie and will continue to do so.  It gives me great comfort to hear these words from a godly and wise Christian woman.
Thank you, Mom, for your guidance and reassurance.  Your godly wisdom has been a transforming gift in my life.  I love you.

Carol
Joining Charlotte and Ginger for Spiritual Sundays!

11 comments:

Pamela said...

So beautiful, Carol. I love the verse and I've sung the song based on it often.

I know not why God’s wondrous grace
To me He hath made known,
Nor why, unworthy, Christ in love
Redeemed me for His own.

Refrain:
But “I know Whom I have believed,
And am persuaded that He is able
To keep that which I’ve committed
Unto Him against that day.”

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

What a sweet post. Awesome words of wisdom from your mom and scripture.

~Ricki Jill

Whidbey Woman said...

Wonderful tribute to your mom, and word of praise for our Saviour.

Mildred said...

A beautiful post. Like Pamela, the words of the hymn immediately came to mind. Blessings to you and your daughter.

Vee said...

One of my favorites... This phase can be very challenging, though it seems as if with good advice, you're coping very well. My niece is on a bicycle trip to Chicago. My sister is a bit concerned, but the "little one" is 27 years old. What's to do but pray?

Saleslady371 said...

Your mom sounds like a very wise woman. I really like this verse...it must have been written for us mothers.

Have a great week!
Mary

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Thank you for this post...I was praying through tears this morning for one of my four adult children...and I needed this reminder. I kept telling God "I know you love him more than I!" Yes it is so hard and a daily surrendering them back into His perfect parent arms.

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

What a great mom you had and a wonderful scripture to share,I think I might have to share this with my daughter.
God Bless,
Ginger

Sue said...

Carol, this scripture is one of my favorite and I too have stood on its promise so many times, always such a blessing to visit.
Sue

char72 said...

You do have a wise mother. I'm glad she passed that wisdom on to you.
The scripture is so true.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Comeca Jones said...

I am in constant prayer over my children this scripture was a much needed a reminder for me.