Saturday, June 4, 2011

Just A'Blingin'

Remember that song popular back in the '80's, "Just a-Swingin'"? It's a country song and always got on my nerves because that darn refrain would get stuck in my head. This week I'm singing a variation on the refrain.



Mister and I have talked about getting a crystal chandy for the dining room for some time. We found a terrific bargain online, and it arrived this week. Mister changed it out, and I got to hang the crystals. What fun! Adding bling upon bling upon bling! I had a blast!



I do love sparkle and shine. But you probably know that already.



It's a beautiful day, a beautiful weekend. Wishing each of you a wonderful day, filled with your favorite things!

Carol

9 comments:

Vee said...

Oh how marvelous! It sure adds the bling you enjoy and brightens the space. I had no idea that you'd have to dress a chandelier ... how fun!

Leann said...

Love it! I've been adding "target chrystal Christmas ornaments" to ours.

Leann

. said...

Hello, I come to via another friends blog.. I am co~author of http://heartofthehome-blog.blogspot.com/ and I enjoyed browsing your blog and wanted to introduce ourselves.. Heart of the Home is a womens ministry reaching out to women with encouragement from Gods word and his design for women as wives, mothers, friends and etc.. Hope you will get a chance to stop by and visit us, and that we can become Blogging Buddies.. Have a great weekend.. God Bless

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Now I have that obnoxious song stuck in my head!!! MEH!!!

Your chandy is gorgeous, Carol. Your dining room is so pretty!!! I think you were missing on my blog feed, but now you are back. :D Yea!!!

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Oh how beautiful...it looks a great...a real piece of jewelry for the house. Enjoy!

Cass @ That Old House said...

"Jewelry for the house" -- Janette says that well!

It IS ... and my humble farm house just loves getting her bling on with her crystal chandelier; sisters under the skin to yours!

Did you have to assemble your light fixture? Ours came in a zillion pieces!

Cass

Mildred said...

Getting something new for the house just makes you feel good! I love the fixture and the sparkle it adds. Such a beautiful home you have with all the special touches! God bless you and your family.

Kathleen said...

Love your new fixture! Enjoy it! I don't have much bling in my house, my furniture is plainer. My mom had a beau Chandy I wish I would have taken it when we sold her house.
Have a good week, Carol!
PS
We do use the glasses, not all at one time though! :)

Debbie said...

Oh, I love that! Changing our our dining room fixture is on my wish list. I would want something like that.