Sunday, June 19, 2011

Random Summer Shots and Father's Day


What a glorious weekend. Perfect summer weather. I'm enjoying being home.



I'll see my parents today. We'll all go out to eat. Celebrating Father's Day.



Happy Father's Day, Dad! I can't imagine having a better dad. I inherited my love of animals from you, a trait that has defined my life and career.



But what I most appreciate is your unconditional love, your steadfast unchanging devotion. Your faithfulness, your love of God. Your friendship and generosity.

Because my dad is a good and godly man, he has, by example, shown me the way to an always growing and healthy relationship with my Heavenly Father.

Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful dads out there!

Carol

4 comments:

Mildred said...

Wishing you all a lovely day together. Your home is very warm and inviting. Is that a kitty cookie jar on your island shelf? Very cute!
Enjoy the pretty weather!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Enjoy your day with your Dad, how blessed you are! I thought about you the other day, when I had lunch at a Tea room in a Sears home!

Cindy said...

What a lovely post, Carol and you are blessed to have such a wonderful dad.
I love your kitchen!
Hugs, Cindy

bj said...

Such a sweet tribute to your daddy.
I know he loves you in the very same way. :)
Even tho I am an old woman, I still miss my daddy.

And...I would KILL for that black and white floor. :)))