Sunday, July 31, 2011

Back from Vacation

(click on the pictures - detail much clearer when you do. they just don't do the place justice!)


We drove for hours. Finally we came to this allee, lined with pines, cypress and crape myrtle. Our destination was at hand.......



.....there it was!  A romantic cottage.....on its own island....in its own 3 acre pond!



The toll house sat at the footbridge.



We brought our things across the bridge,




and into our cottage.




Pretty Byrd Cottage has lots of gingerbread.  Great roof lines.  The clapboard siding and all the trim, inside and out is wooden. 




The back porch is delightful for reading and watching wildlife.




It overlooks a garden.




The master suite has its own porch.  It's a lovely place for coffee, breakfast. 




The craftsmanship on the railing is exquisite.

I found Pretty Byrd Cottage at http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p225454.  I think I could devote an entire blog to it!
I will be taking you along with me for more!  We still have to see the inside, check out the farm, the estate house, treasures I brought home, places to go!

Please join me!  I promise that you won't be disappointed!
Joining Cielo for Show off Your Cottage Monday, and Sally for Blue Monday!

16 comments:

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Wow what a great place to relax! Good for you! Will be anxious to see the indoors and your treasures!

Vee said...

Well if you didn't find the prettiest little spot on the planet! Looking forward to seeing all that you want to share.

Mildred said...

What a lovely place. Your photos are so pretty and I also clicked on the link you provided. So very charming. Happy you had a good time and can't wait to see more!

bj said...

OMGosh...talk about a dream vacation. I WOULD LOVE THAT!
So glad you had such a good time...can't wait to see the inside of this beautiful place.

haahhhaaaa about the ugly pie. I came really close not posting about it but then, these kind of things happen to me all the time..it's who I am. :))
xoxo bj

Deb said...

I could use a place like that right about now. It looks wonderful. Your camera most likely never got a rest :) Hugs, Deb=^..^=x4

Linda O'Connell said...

This is beautiful place, do tell us more. What state?

Cindy said...

What a great looking place! I love it and I can't wait to see more.
Hugs, Cindy

Shelia said...

What a sweet little place! It looks like something from a story book! Can we come inside?
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Mary Ellen said...

What a little piece of heaven to get to spend time in such a sweet cottage!!! Thanks for sharing!

Tanya@takesix said...

GASP!!! How absolutely precious! Can't wait for more!

SavannahGranny said...

Pretty Byrd Cottage is lovely. Looks like utopia. So serene. I will be looking for the updates. We are back home for a while. I hope to keep up now. Going to daily chores now. Blessings, Ginger

no spring chicken said...

You've got to be kidding? I'm practically in tears! Amazing!!

Blessings, Debbie

Lemon Lane Cottage said...

How relaxing...I don't think I would ever want to leave. How fortunate you are to have had such a place to rejuvenate.

Sherry said...

It looks like an amazing place to relax and rest. I would love to see the inside. I came from Show off your Cottage Monday.

Debbie said...

This looks like a dream come true to me! I would love it, and I did click on the pictures to make them bigger. It's beautiful!

Bunny Jean said...

OMGosh!!! that looks like a little fairy tale house.

My heart is all a flutter... I LOVE it and WANT it!

I just came over from "Show off Your Cottage Monday". I am #58 showing Ribbon Embroidery.
Come on over for a quick visit if you like ;)

xoxo Bunny Jean