Monday, July 4, 2011

North Carolina!

Over the 4th of July weekend, Mister and I traveled to Mooreseville, North Carolina for our niece's wedding.
We had a lovely time with family. Many pictures suitable for blogging were taken!


Here is the happy couple! Our niece looked gorgeous in her wedding dress. She and her groom were so happy! I don't think they ever stopped smiling!




The bridesmaids bouquets were exquisite......summer blossoms. 




The reception was held at The Arbors.  Oh my goodness, what a wonderful place.  Here are some flowers blooming in the meadow.




The house was glorious.  Beautifully furnished, downstairs had a garage, pool room, gathering room.  Upstairs was a lovely master bedroom/bathroom/porch with fireplace, guestroom, kitchen and loft.



The grounds were lovely.  I can see a ceremony under this arbor.




The hammock was perfect for one....or two.  Mister and I tried it out!



Past the hammock, the stream emptied into a pond.  Daylilies graced the footbridge.




The house was beautifully finished in stone, with lovely lines and details.





This porch was edged in blooms.




Around the corner, this porch featured twig furniture.




Here is a closer view of one of the twig chairs.




Mister awaited me on the dock of the pond. Notice he is carrying my delicate and be-blinged shoes with him.  Love the happenin' sunglasses.  Gotta tell you, I couldn't take my eyes off him all night.  He was very "hot" and is an amazing and romantic dancer.

The shoes kind of killed my feet, so I went barefoot all night. The grass was lush and soft under my feet. What a wonderful feeling!

Hope all of you had a wonderful holiday!

Carol
Join me as I visit Jean for Bloomin' Tuesday and Susan for Outdoor Wednesday!

9 comments:

Olive Cooper said...

Lovely venue for a wedding. He is too dapper holding your shoes!

Mildred said...

Happy 4th, Carol, to you and Mister! I love the pic of him holding those dainty shoes of yours! Best wishes to the bride and groom. Those bridesmaid bouquets are so pretty and I imagine they smelled heavenly! That's a fantastic place for a wedding. You know you were only about 8 hours from me!!!

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

Wow, the grounds are lovely. And Mister is a rock star holding your shoes like that! :D

~RJ

Marcia (One Heart) said...

Happy 4th to you, Carol. Sounds like you enjoyed a wonderful time at the wedding. Looks like a beautiful place. Blessings to the newlyweds.

Shelia said...

Hi Carol! Oh, what a lovely place for a wedding and your niece is so pretty! How sweet your mister holding your most dainty little heels! :) Glad you had so much fun.
Thanks to popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

GARAGE SALE GAL ~ Deb's Earthly Delights said...

That is a wonderful place for your neice's wedding..I'd go barefoot too! Very romantic.
Deb :)

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Everything looks just beautiful Carol! I'm sure you had a great time:@)

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Great pictures! Glad you had a great trip and wishing the the newly weds a happy ever after!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Shanda said...

You are so blessed to have, not only the house, but the big yard and outdoors to wake up to every morning. Beautiful.