Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Random, Unrelated Topics and Lethargy


Wow. This is rare indeed. A picture of Yours Truly. Can you believe it?



Not this year, but a summer picture of our Sears Kit Home.  Living here brings much joy to us.  It is truly my dream home, and I intend to live here forever.  So far, so good!





Dear, darling Sunny.  A.k.a. Hunny.  What a delight he is.  He is very smiley.  Did you know that cats smile by slowly blinking their eyes?  It's true!



A favorite dessert of Mister's is a Blueberry Gateau.  It's easy to make, once you are familiar with it, and I've made it with raspberries, apples, peaches and mixed berries as well.  Every year, he gets one for his birthday.  It's very good, but it is one dessert I can resist.




And an update on the little half grown feral cat I domesticated this summer. I have neutered him, vaccinated him, dewormed and made sure he does not have Feline leukemia virus or FIV virus. I thought his name was Jasper, but I later realized that it is actually Cooper. He has kept his rightful name and has a home! With 2 other cats and a pug. He pretty much moved in and took over.

Now, I have another cat to catch. He sprays in our front door sometimes, and he is not neutered. He needs help.

I've been feeling tired, lethargic, unmotivated and cranky on the inside for the past week and a half. Let's hope for Mister's sake, that it lifts soon. I am trying to be pleasant, but it doesn't always work. Fortunately I have a patient and understanding husband.
Does that ever happen to anyone else?

Wishing each of you a happy, fulfilling and energetic day!
Carol

Linking to Shanda for What's on Your Heart Tuesdays.

12 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

Carol it was fun seeing a picture of you!

I was having the same problems with cranky etc and ordered some natural progesterone cream. Have been on it 1 cycle and it seems to really help. If you are interested in the name and company I ordered it from just let me know and i will get you the info.

bee blessed
mary

Debbie said...

You are lovely and I like your hair style!

Sorry about the crankiness. I have it too.

Shanda said...

Great picture! It is ok to be lethargic at times. We all. Not so sure whether it is my age, or heat, or what but I have struggled lately too. Just happy at home doing nothing!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Well, you looked perky in your picture! I think we all feel that way...I did a few weeks ago but I have snapped out of it. Blame it on the hurricane!

Saleslady371 said...

Naw...I'm never cranky. Not. I agree with Mary Ellen about the Progesterone Cream. I use to use it years ago and it made me feel so good. You have to get the right kind though; do your research. You are a pretty lady, let's see more pics of you, Carol!

Cindy said...

Are you suffering from premenopausal syndrome? I do every so often, I spend extra time praying and crying if I need to, it soon lifts.
I'm glad your beautiful house made it through the high winds and rain pretty much unscathed.
What a pretty photo of yourself, it's really beautiful.
Hugs, Cindy

Sue said...

Love the self photo enjoyed your thoughts, and yes it does happen to me, praying for your energy to return .Thanks for sharing.
Sue

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

Your photo is so pretty! :D

Leann said...

Hi Carol

Love that photo of you! So great that you are taking care of those cats. We have quute a few in the neighborhood and have set traps so that we can take them to a no kill shelter.

Leann

bj said...

O, darlin' Carol,
We ALL have days like this. Days when nothing goes right, everything under the sun makes us mad as h**, we cry for no reason, we want to eat all day long...I think it must be....
just being a woman. :))

Love the photo of you..you are a beauty. And you must know by now that I would dearly love to be able to live in such a home as yours.

The dessert looks fantastic. I am hungry for a good tart cherry pie with coffee ice cream...

Glad ya'll came thru the mean ole storm okay.

Vee said...

Carol, what a lovely lady you are and what a great haircut! Mind if I borrow it? You don't look one bit irritable and cranky. Not one bit. Hang in there, I'm sure it will pass. (Yes, I have experienced it. The three days without power would be a case in point. ☺)

Cooper is so handsome, glad that you found him a great home.

Janet said...

Carol, Could you post the recipe for the gateau? It looks luscious!

Thanks,
Janet