Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A White and Lovely Master

Today, we'll tour the master bedroom at Pretty Byrd Cottage.

From the living room, you enter through a pair of french doors.




The bed is made up with luxurious linens.



The pillows were edged in lace, as were the sheets.  I do love white sheets.  Edging in lace only makes them better!






Two french doors on each side of the headboard lead out to an intimate deck, with a table for two.  Great place for coffee in the morning, a drink any time of the day.
Two arched windows flank the other wall.





More white.  Attention to beautiful details are further evidence of Cathy's considerable talent!




The ceiling fixture is so romantic.



The late afternoon sun brings lovely light to the room. Yes, there is a fireplace! It can be enjoyed from the living room on the other side of the wall, or in the bedroom.
What a lovely place to get away for a week!
Joining Kathleen for White Wednesday today.

Have a wonderful day,
Carol

21 comments:

Vee said...

So are you taking hints from this cottage? Putting a fireplace in your bedroom? I'd so love one myself. What a great room and the afternoon light is just perfect.

Heaven's Walk said...

What an utterly romantic place to spend the weekend, Carol! :) Just beautiful!!!

xoxo laurie

Mildred said...

What a lovely room! The mirror over the fireplace and the Victorian shoe prints are gorgeous. I also love the light fixture.

The Thrifty Reenactor said...

Very pretty:).

Blessings,

Kim

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

the place just looks magical! good place to relax for sure.

Leann said...

Oh soo serene - love it and the sheets. I have grey ones with lace trim and Mr OP hates the trim. Leaves marks:)

Leann

awal.ny said...

What a beautiful bedroom. I love all the light the windows let in.

GARAGE SALE GAL ~ Deb's Earthly Delights said...

Very awesome cottage! Looks like you had a lovely time! Very cool.
Deb :)

Cindy said...

Oh so beautiful! I am loving this little cottage so much!
Thanks for the chance to see it.
Hugs, Cindy

Karie's Chic Creations said...

Oooo, what loveliness. Very pretty. Thanks for sharing. Karie

Mary Ellen said...

This cottage is just a dream- I so love beautiful linens and all those gorgeous pillow cases on the bed are so calling me!! I was blessed to find 3 different sets of vintage pillowcases with beautiful crochet recently- I am soaking them in my secret solution which I will share if they turn out as well as I am hoping.

bee blessed
mary

Shelia said...

This little cottage is just so dreamy. What a lovely bedroom and the linens on that bed - swoon!! :)
Yay! You'll be coming to my party!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Just beautiful, it does look like a perfect get-away:@)

Debbie said...

The pictures just keep getting prettier and prettier. This is absolutely romantic. I love it.

Kay K said...

I love it ....looks like you have a beautiful view a from your master bedroom

no spring chicken said...

A fireplace in your bedroom... a view of the footbridge... arched windows... ahhh...

Blessings, Debbie

Honey at 2805 said...

Carol, it looks like you had a wonderful holiday! What a lovely place.

I discovered another blogger with a home ordered from Sears and am giving her you blog address and will also email you hers. Your homes look very different.

sonya said...

I love this bedroom. So cozy and romantic. Lovely ceiling light. And love the windows and the fireplace.
Blessings,
Sonya

Bunny Jean said...

I've seen all three of your post on this cottage. It is like sensory overload!

I bet it even smelled of sweet potpourri.

xoxo Bunny Jean

Shanda said...

I love white. It just feels so airy and clean.

Miss Gracie's House said...

So pretty, what can be better than white sheets WITH lace?!
Rene