Tuesday, September 6, 2011

In Between


It's In Between time. Many of the blooms have come and gone, like these Naked Ladies. Perhaps a better name might be Surprise Lilies. So called by another blogger.   I like it.



These hydrangeas still bloom. They will soon turn pink. They make lovely dried arrangements, especially if you do not live with cats.



I think the private beach we visited in Harborton, Virginia this summer still looks the same.  (Pretty Byrd Cottage)



It was a lovely, private place.



The sun is setting earlier each day. But to me, it is still summer. For a few more days. It will be an Indian Summer when the sunshine that comes each year after this cool and rainy spell returns.

I do have a turkey carcass cooking in the slow cooker. We'll have comfort food for dinner on this cool, rainy, overcast day.

And I did put away some blatantly summer ornaments. I thought about it, and could not get out the Fall decor.....not yet.

Because, you see, I am still In Between seasons.

So that is what's on my heart today.  Quiet, pensive, cozy and In Between.  And I'm joining with Shanda at her lovely blog, A Pause On The Path.

Wishing each of you a day of comfort, peace and blessing!

Carol

16 comments:

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Great pics Carol, enjoy each moment:@)

Vee said...

Well said...the "in-between" stage. It can be a little awkward. Enjoy your comfort food on your rainy day.

Shanda said...

OH, thank you for linking up. Nothing soothes my heart like going to the beach. I love it.

One Heart said...

I love Indian Summer and the way our family room lights up all orangy. Typically at the end of September here.

I love autumn but typically won't pull out my decorations until Oct. 1. I started framing some old leaves from up north last week but nothing major yet. We are indeed in between. ;)

Enjoy your day, Carol.

Cindy said...

Lovely photos today, dear lady, especially the setting sun photo.
I made your brownies from the last post. They were so delicious I could not stay out of them. I also gained 1.75 lbs. this week, could the brownies be why?!

Jackie said...

I love your lifestyle! The house, the cats, the brownies!! Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.

Karen said...

Carol, we were thinking along the same lines today. :-)) Our rain ended & cooler temps were so enjoyable today. Thanks for stopping by.

Sue said...

Enjoyed reading your in between thoughts, Carol, Because of having such a long, hoooot summer, and now have been enjoying cool mornings and nights, I must confess to having put out some fall decorations, I just couldn't help myself.~smile~.
Thank you for visiting and for your sweet note.
Enjoy your in between season, as we all will soon be shivering.
Enjoyed your photos, too.
Sue

aseedinspired.com said...

right there with you!
Not ready for autumn and all that it brings.
still holding onto summer.
I think gardeners hold the seasons the longest...we are in no rush...well unless it's spring!
Thanks for stopping by.
you are a delight.
T

Saleslady371 said...

In between season, yes we are. Autumn decorations are in the back of my mind as it's my favorite season!

Amy said...

What wonderful pictures! I have that in between feeling here, too. I can't quite put out fall things, but summer seems to be ending.

By the way, your cats are adorable! I have cats, too, so I was admiring your pictures on the blog. Thanks for stopping by mine.

Gayle said...

I put up fall decorations today and it was one of our hottest of the year. Yes, it is in-between time.

Jennifer said...

Oh the in between! Love your pictures and thanks for stopping by the blog yesterday!

Debbie said...

I think you just described exactly how I feel lately. I hadn't been able to put a phrase to it, but "in between" describes it perfectly.

victorian parlor II said...

The pictures are gorgeous! I am also 'in between' in that I am ready to change the decor but not quite ready for pumpkins just yet. I redid much of the decor last weekend for the 'end-of-summer-not-quite-fall time':).

Blessings,

Kim

Maple Lane said...

Lovely photos, Carol. Our gardenia and mock orange are blooming for a second time but leaves are beginning to fall here. We experienced a few days of cooler temps and I must say I am anxious for Autumn and a day just right for making a pot of soup!