Sunday, September 25, 2011

This Made Me Smile!

Here's what my sunporch looked like this morning.  Sunlight streaming in.  Vintage apron from my grandmother.  Jesus Never Fails sign.  Chippy old church.  Sparkly cake stand.  Through the window I see a chippy ironstone teapot and an old chippy white octagonal birdhouse with metal black roof.



Oh, and I almost forgot.....Zeek in the dead center of all of it!


The sight brought joy to my heart. Little kitty, Formerly-Known-As-Action-Jackson who we now call Zeek, as in rhymes with Freak.


He's lots of fun. He's getting cuter.


I always tell him his tail is way too long. I measured it this morning and it is 13 1/2 inches long! Longest cat tail ever to live in my house! (Yes, I do measure my cats' tails...don't ask.)

Have a wonderful day!

Carol
Joining Cielo for Show off Your Cottage Monday.

11 comments:

Geneva said...

What a fun read. Loved seeing all the pictures of Zeek as well... glad he's in such a lovely home!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Love the picture...they always know where the sunshine is!
I should measure my Boots...when he stretches out it is something how long he is...never thought about measuring him?

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Nice photos, looks like Zeek has the best seat in the house:@)

Linda O'Connell said...

Little things always make me happy too.

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

This is making me smile, too. Pretty photos and post!

A Few Pennies said...

Sweet and lovely posting; love how the sun is steaming in--if I were a cat, I'd love lying there too!

Patti said...

What lovely photos! I love the way the sun is creating shadows. Just totally gorgeous.

And, I'm with Zeek....lying in the sun is a very pleasant thing to do.

Blessings to you,
Patti

no spring chicken said...

Your little vignette made me smile too!

Blessings, Debbie

Cindy said...

Very fun! I love your little sideboard there, so sunny and so pretty with the beautiful church sitting there by the kitty! Love that he has such a long tail.
Hugs, cindy

Leann said...

Hmmm...what the average length? I'll have to measure Alley's. Love all the vintage white chippiness and your Grand apron!

Leann

Thanks for all your well wishes.

Debbie said...

For some reason, the sight of the sun peeking in on things is one of my favorite sights. I think that's why I love the morning so much.