Friday, September 2, 2011

Wish you were here! (and) Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate!

Because if you were, I'd welcome you in.


Pour you some delicious coffee, (or tea, if you'd rather).  We'd drink out of the prettiest cups ever.



Serve up a freshly baked brownie that I personally think should be illegal.  It's that good!
I've tweaked the recipe repeatedly.  It has garnered an enthusiastic following among my co-workers and Chickie's friends.  Made from things you always have in your pantry.


Moist and gooey in the middle.  Deliciously and delightfully crunchewy on the edges.
Now, remember - you couldn't wait for them to cool. So don't remark about the lack of pretty-plating!


Where do you want to enjoy our tasty treat?  I know, let's go to the back porch!
You can sit in one of these olden rocking porch chairs if you want, but.......


 I've saved you the best seat of all!




And....here is the recipe......

It is wickedly, mercilessly, wonderfully chocolate!

Brownies To Die For

1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/3 and 1/3 cup corn oil
1 bag (2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup hot brewed coffee
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 and 1/3 cup flour
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt

Melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe mixing bowl.  I like the mini chips for easier melting.  Mix the cocoa and baking soda together and add to chocolate chips.  Stir in 1/3 cup corn oil.

Add coffee, stir til thickens.

Stir in sugar, eggs, 1/3 cup oil til smooth.

Add flour, vanilla (always generously estimate vanilla measurements, IMHO!) and salt.
Blend.

Pour into greased 9x13 pan.  Bake at 350 degrees, 35-40 minutes.

Give as much away as possible, or you will eat way too much yourself.  At least, that's been my experience.  That's where the co-workers and Chickie's friends come in!

Have a marvelous weekend and holiday!

Carol

14 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Your home is so lovely and I would love to sit on the brown and enjoy one. The recipe sounds fabulous. Have to give them a try. Hugs, Marty

Gail @ Faithfulness Farm said...

Carol -- what a DELIGHTFUL porch and those brownies look just like I like them -- I like crunchewy edges the best!

Blessings!
Gail

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

The brownies sound so good Carol! Lovin' the fun chairs on your porch too! Have a great Labor Day Weekend:@)

Cozy Little House said...

I must make this for my grandchildren when I get there! I can never wait for brownies to cool. Have to dig into that warm moist flavor! LOVE the dishes!
Brenda

Cindy said...

That sounds SO SO good!!! I might make them for our dessert tonight and take some to my friends tonight.
And truly I would love to sit on your porch with you and I will take coffee, thank you very much!
Hugs, Cindy

Linda O'Connell said...

Your porch looks inviting and those brownies, decadent.

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

You had me at chocolate! What is it with blogs lately...everyone is posting amazing recipes lately!!!

I think Brownies to Die For demand Wake Me Up Before You Cocoa Coffee!!! :D

Sue said...

Love, brownies, and have been wanting chocolate all day today, thanks for the invite,on such a lovely porch, and for sharing the recipe.
Enjoy your Labor Day weekend.
Sue

no spring chicken said...

YOU wish I was there? I... wish I was there!!

Blessings, Debbie

Maple Lane said...

I'll take iced tea please and I would love to sit on the porch of your lovely home with a kitty or two at my feet! The brownie looks so moist.
Wishing you all a nice weekend.

Kay K said...

Nothing like having coffee, and those brownies look yummy
porch sitting with some chatting .

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Thank you. That chair is so comfy and those brownies are delicious. (I couldn't help but have two!)

Patti said...

I will be right over!!! Sounds delish!!!

By the way, I have to tell you, giving away as much as possible really gets my son's goat. Although I taught him to share, when we have baked goods in the house, he gets irritated because we always give so much away, leaving him very little!! This recipe would be one he would BEG me not to give away...or double the recipe instead.

Have a wonderful rest of the weekend.

Love,
Patti

Shelia said...

Everything looks so cozy and those brownies! Nothing better.
Thanks for popping in.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)