Saturday, October 29, 2011



8 Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done.  
9 Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts.  
10 Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice.  
11 Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always.  

I Chronicles 16 

They say we haven't had snow in October since the Civil War!  Also, the weight of the leaves still on the trees holding the snow will cause more branches to break than expected. 

But the snow is beautiful.  And we haven't lost power.  And since the ground hasn't frozen and temps will be in the 50's tomorrow, the snow will soon be gone.

God is good!  I am overwhelmed by the blessings He heaps upon me every day.

Join me for Spiritual Sundays, won't you?
Be blessed!
Carol

13 comments:

Sarah (Nikki) said...

Wow...you guys got snow! your attitude is awesome

Maple Lane said...

Beautiful photo and verses. I cannot imagine snow before Halloween! Blessings to you and yours.

SavannahGranny said...

The snow is beautiful if unexpected. Stay safe, Blessings, Ginger

Linda O'Connell said...

Snow is beautiful when it is here today and gone tomorrow. Enjoy.

My friends live in MA and are expecting a Nor'Easter. I feel sorry for them. Blessings to you and yours.

Vee said...

I like your cheerful outlook! I'm going to join you in it!

Gail @ Faithfulness Farm said...

Carol -- hoping you get a warm up soon!

Blessings!
Gail

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

Wow, is this early for snow?

Whidbey Woman said...

That is amazing! First snow since the Civil War!!! What a treat. It truly is beautiful. I do pray that everyone stays safe and warm enough. Some areas were hit especially hard. I think we are in for a tough winter. Happy Spiritual Sunday!!!

MyJourneyBack said...

Great verses. Lovely photos of the beauty of. Gods creation.

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Look at everyone's snow...wow!! What a winter it might be. We are just now getting below the 100's.

Anita Johnson said...

Isn't that amazing. Glad you can enjoy without too much inconvenience! God id good!

Susan (My Place to Yours) said...

So glad you're well and that you didn't lose power. What an amazingly beautiful early snowfall!

Charlotte said...

We had a little snow which melted almost immediately at our house twice in the 22 years we've lived here. I loved the snow the winter I lived in Colorado. I'm sorry for all the people who were without power because of the early snow. I'm glad you didn't lose power.
Thank you for sharing with us. You are so right. God is good!
Blessings,
Charlotte