Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Gift of Solitude: A Quiet Evening

I'm home alone for dinner this evening.
So dinner was a delicious, simple and abbreviated affair. No one else would have appreciated it but me.
And there was NO cleanup. Nice.
(See the omnipresent Tony?)


Then it was off to the family room. Nope. No TV tonight! Just a glass of wine, a scented candle, my Kindle and phone and computer.
And the patina of the old chest we use as a coffee table. Or ottoman. Take your pick.


Now that's a wonderful way to spend a dreary, rainy November evening!

Hope your week is wonderful....
Carol

13 comments:

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Sounds perfect, and I like your furry company:@)

Olive Cooper said...

Sometimes that is what you need. kiss the cat for me, olive

Vee said...

It sounds very peaceful, cozy, and pleasant. Glad that you had this time for yourself.

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

What a lovely evening! I enjoy those sooo much.

Linda O'Connell said...

The world is too noisy. I like it when the house is quiet and I can concentrate. Your evening sounded relaxing.

Debbie said...

I had a lot of alone time for the first time in decades last year. I grew to really love it. I haven't had a lot recently, and I envy your evening.

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

Your evening was a wee bit more relaxing than mine! I helped my daughter study for her physical science test.

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

No that sounds peaceful...I hope you had the most peaceful evening.

Marcia said...

Sigh...I love those evenings too. Sounds perfect.
Was good having you visit, Carol.
Much love to you.

Maple Lane said...

I love a little solitude every once in a while, too. Funny how our cats always show up in a picture. Mine always come around to see what I am up to!!!

Blessings to you and your family this Thanksgiving week.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

sometimes we just need a quiet rainy evening....

ImSoVintage said...

I agree. It is definitely my favorite way to spend a rainy evening. Glad you enjoyed it.
Laura

Karen said...

Sounds nice! Have a blessed weekend!