Friday, November 4, 2011

Misty Sunrise

 One of the school playing fields is a block from our home.  Some mornings the mist lays heavily on it.

 It has always fascinated Chickie and me.  One morning, on the way to school when she was a little girl, I pulled the car over so she could run through the mist.

 "What was it like?", I asked her as she got back into the car. 
"It smelled like spring rain, Mama!", she said.

A special memory.  A beautiful, mysterious, wonderful occurrence.  Created for us, by the One Who loves us. 
It invokes worship, doesn't it?

Have a blessed day!
Carol
Joining Charlotte for Spiritual Sundays!

12 comments:

Vee said...

Pretty special indeed. Love your photos and love the memory shared.

Gail @ Faithfulness Farm said...

Carol -- what a wonderful memory for you both. Your photos are fabulous :)

Blessings!
Gail

Olive Cooper said...

Carol, I have been missing you. I love fog and enjoyed your images. hugs♥O

Sue said...

Love mornings like this, and what a beautiful memory.
Thanks for sharing.
Sue

Linda O'Connell said...

If only more of us would stop in our tracks and spontaneously run through the mist, fog, wind. Wonderfully uplifting post!

Debbie said...

Oh Carol, I want to run through the mist and feel all "springy" like a child. What a wonderful post. Your photos capture it beautifully.

And yes, indeed. It does invoke worship.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

How pretty. We woke up to fog this morning...which I know will bring a beautiful sunny day!

Saleslady371 said...

I smile when I think of you watching your daughter run through the mist and asking her to describe it. Awesome parenting! Great pics.

Sarah (Nikki) said...

I love this picture and thinking of being there...walking through the mist....iaesome. And I just love that special memory.

Charlotte said...

Thank you for sharing this precious memory with us.
Blessings,
Charlotte

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Carol, it really is beautiful and does invoke worship. God is AWESOME in his wonder.

XO,

Sheila

Pamela said...

Thank you for sharing that memory with me. So much of God's creation brings me to worship and I loved reading about a small girl and her mother seeing a spring rain in the midst.