Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Home Tour

Welcome to our Christmas Home Tour!
Joining The Inspired Room for this fun party!
We start in the foyer. You are familiar with the banister and its garland. It's a first for this year.

And has proven to be immensely popular.

The pencil tree is just beyond.  I can enjoy it as I work in the kitchen.

Love, love, love a cloche filled with sparkling ornaments!

The dining room mantel always has candles.  The stockings will be hung from their hangers just before opening them.  The cats think dangling stockings are toys! and insist on batting at them.

So the stocking are hung on the chairs with care.

The living room armoire has been decked out as well.

Since I spend lots of time in the kitchen, it's decorated thoroughly!  More shiney ornaments in a Christmas-y batter bowl.

Cookie cutters in an old glass jar tied with a red ribbon.

Santa is hard at work next to the sink.

Garlands and chippy ornaments over a kitchen door.

Even the little dog gets gussied up for Christmas!

The hutch's red and white plates are there year round, but now the top has some red touches and the (empty) cookie tins add another touch of Christmas.

Make sure to visit Melissa's blog for many more Christmas Home tours!

Have a splendid day,
Carol

10 comments:

Vee said...

Looks fabulous! Your white hutch with the touches of red is such a nice feature in your kitchen. Your kitty cat perched on the newel post is the sweetest decoration of all.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Very pretty Carol! I love using ornaments for more than the tree too, and cute pics of the cats enjoying the decorations:@)

Linda O'Connell said...

Love the cat on the staircase, and all of your decorations. I had a read and hwit kitchen years ago. you certainly have style. Happy holidays.

Debbie said...

Just went back to see your tree post too since I had missed it. Everything looks so Christmasy and wonderful to me. My favorite part of your house is the foyer with the beautiful staircase and the tree. I love that!

Cindy said...

Your house looks wonderful all gussied up for Christmas! Everything is lovely, especially the furry statue on your stair post! Cats are such amazing creatures.
Have a wonderful day, Cindy

Plum Patchwork said...

I love that kitty on the banister! Super cute! And you have an ornament cloche too - I love it!

Olive Cooper said...

I want you to get on a ladder and snap a close up of the top of those Santas but don't fall. Very pretty.

ImSoVintage said...

Your house looks so lovely. I love the cat on the banister. :)

nannykim said...

I think the cats stole the show!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

it is all so pretty but I really like the white hutch with the red and white plates. I guess I should be glad my post has a final on top so my cats do not get up there!