Sunday, January 15, 2012

A New Word

I was visiting Rhoda, which in turn led me to visiting Layla, who is hosting This Little Word of Mine.

                                            

I've known about people having a Word for the new year, but have never had a word impressed upon me for the year.  Til this year.
                                                    

My word is Praise.  As a mom of a Chickie in her 2nd year of college, God has been working transformation in me these last 2 years.  Being an empty nester was a big change, and actually a delight.  I had a lot of free time that I wasn't used to having.  But......

This year Chickie is back home and attending college nearby.  She enjoys my company and my time.  My in-laws are growing increasingly dependent and I am their source of transportation.  I've sold my business ownership and become an employee again.

More responsibilities and time constraints and a new perception of my workplace.  Lots of big changes.  But through these last two years, He has given me what I would not have imagined to ask Him for.

His absolute Omnipresence.  The Joy of His Omnipresence.  It is the absolute most precious blessing that I can imagine.

I see myself being transformed by it.  Character traits I have admired in my mother for years are becoming mine, and I am in awe.  She is compassionate and wise and has passed an amazing spiritual legacy on to her family.

For these blessings, for these transformations in process, I will Praise Him.  And since He inhabits our praises, I will be drawn to even closer intimacy with Him.

Exodus 15:2 NIV

The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him.

Hallelujah!
Be blessed this week!
Carol

19 comments:

Olive Cooper said...

That is a fine word Carol. May you continue to thrive in the midst of His grace no matter the difficulty.

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

This is a great word for the year! I might share it with you!

Shelia said...

Hi Carol! Oh, this was just wonderful and what a word "Praise". You've got a wonderful heart and are receiving many rewards in heaven! :)
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Vee said...

The best sort of word! I had no idea all the changes going on around you. How wonderful to be trusting God with each and every one.

victorian parlor II said...

This post is beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing and for the inspiration!!!

Blessings,

Kim

JOYfilled Family said...

Deo gratias!

I pray that your days be filled with praise for His blessings.

Pax Christi, Lena

Amy @ TheCottageDiaries.com said...

Beautiful word choice!

Debbie said...

It's a marvelous word choice, and I love what you said about His omnipresence. Excellent!

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

You word is great....and I join you in Praise! Enjoy your word this year as God continues to establish you in this season of life.

Gail @ Faithfulness Farm said...

Carol -- I love your word!! This is the first year I've choosen a word -- mine is contentment. Not because I am not content but as a reminder to remember to be contented in all I have been blessed with.

Blessings!
Gail

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

what a wonderful, up lifting word to carry you through 2012!

Heather said...

Hi, my name is Heather! Please email me when you can, I have a question about your blog!

HeatherVonSJ[at]gmail[dot]com

Maple Lane said...

A very beautiful post. God bless you!

Jessica said...

Your post is so uplifting. I enjoyed reading it. Wonderful word choice. :)

Jessica-

http://www.thisheroesnest.blogspot.com

no spring chicken said...

You tell your friends that you want to praise the omnipresent God. I tell them I want to be a cat. Hmm.

I'd be a cat that praised Him! I would! Hmm. ;)

Blessings, Debbie

Claire said...

Following you from Layla's word party-Stop by for a visit!

Leann said...

Hi Carol

I read this post earlier and thought that I had commented.

This reminds me of a hymn

Praise him, Praise him all ye little children God is love, God is love.

Enjoy your weekend!

Leann

elizabeth said...

This is a great word! My word for 2012 is DELIGHT!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and your kind comment.

Jacqueline said...

So wonderful to be able to praise Him in whatever our circumstances! That is true faith. What a lovely word for the year.