Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Quiet, Doing or Not Doing

                                                      

I had the day off today, after some busy days.  I had felt tired, had nothing that HAD to be done, so I thought I would just do probably nothing.

And so I did.  I did have a quiet time.  And then just kind of took the day off.  Til I began to feel....dissatisfied.  I hadn't exercised.  I hadn't done housework, unless you count a load of laundry.  I resolved then and there to do something.  To come up with an errand, or get out and accomplish.  It wasn't a good feeling.

And then it happened.  Peace.  Contentment.  I don't have to be a super accomplisher every day.  I can take an actual day to be.  Be still.  Rest.  And so I am doing just that.

I'll have dinner ready for Mister when he gets home.  The house will be warm and inviting.  But I'm letting go of a lot of the rest today.

Joining in, counting more of the endless One Thousand Gifts, taking The Joy Dare to Fully Live.....
79.  morning sunshine and birdsong
80.  recipes and tweaking them
81.  cats sitting with foldy paws and friendly feet
82.  romance
83.  her straight A's
84.  Jesus
85.  Jesus
86.  Jesus
87.  John's beautiful smile
88.  John's love for Chickie
89.  John's I love you
 
Be blessed!

11 comments:

Vee said...

Sounds like a good evening for your husband. He has supper waiting...always a good feeling. I have been a slug all day and, you're right, it is not a good feeling.

Debbie said...

Jesus.
Jesus.
Jesus.

I love the way you wrote that.

I think it's important for our body, mind, and mostly spirit to do exactly what you did today.

Elizabeth said...

We all need a day of doing nothing every now and then.It is a good thing!

Sharing Shadymont said...

Thanks for reminding us that it is ok to rest, just be. We all get caught up in the rush of things, and all the busy-ness. I'm reminded of "Be still and know that I AM GOD". So good for you for just being.

Blessings,
Kathy

Marcia said...

Could not agree more. Love that you surrendered to the calm.
Much love!

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Sounds like a great day as you just spend time with Him and enjoy...but doesn't the enemy always want to sneak in there also..so glad you pushed through.

Great list...yes Jesus, Jesus...there is just something about that name!!

ImSoVintage said...

The simple quiet times are always the best for me. :)

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

There are days we need to sit and do nothing so we remember what the really important things in life are.

Sue said...

Days like this are ordered and ordained by God himself, for our refreshing, I am thankful for my days of refreshing.
Thanks for sharing.
hugs,
Sue

Saleslady371 said...

This is a beautiful post, Carol. Thank you for writing about the beauty of rest! And thank you for prayers for us!

Hugs,
Mary

no spring chicken said...

Why is it that we feel so guilty when we aren't 'doing'? I'm glad that you were granted the gift of peace and contentment!


Blessings, Debbie