Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Beauty that is Around Me


Yes, I know.  Winter is not over.  There is more to come.  But today the sun is shining.  And it's beautiful.  I open the kitchen porch door and let the light stream in.



Friendship is beautiful, too. See the gray paw wrapped around Munkii's neck?  (Munkii, formerly known as Action Jackson, and then Zeek.  What IS his real name?)
The paw is that of his friend, Bubba, who is snugging and napping with his Munkii, pulling him close.


Beauty.  It's everywhere.  Sun, light, home, love.  All we have to do is keep our eyes open!
Linking with Ann.


 90.  a faithful husband's call from out of town
 91.  prayer cover that has transformed my life
 92.  being held
 93.  conversation and companionship
 94.  laughing together
 95.  time with Mom and Dad
 96.  Chickie's relationship with my parents
 97.  Chickie's character
 98.  date night
 99.  time at home
100. the beauty that surrounds me
101. a happy husband

Have a wonderful week!
Carol

                                     

6 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

It is the simple things in life that really do matter.

Debbie said...

What a wonderful photo capture. I love the paw around the neck. There's nothing like the warmth of an arm around you, is there?

That's why I like #92 on your list the best of all.

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

The sun coming through...how comforting, then the cats with a supportive paw, just great.

Your list is wonderful and encouraging...I remember the calls from out of town when my husband traveled. Your list reminds us all of the blessings of our relationships

Vee said...

Sunlight along a hall...lovely. And that paw extended in a hug...too cute!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

yes sunlight is beautiful, yesterday morning it was dreary and then the sun came out..what a difference it makes!

Jann Olson said...

Yes beauty is everywhere. I thank God everyday for all that he provides for us. Oh how I love the sun to shine in my home! Can't believe how some people never even open their blinds. Love the cute pic of the cats - pals to the end!
Hugs,
Jann