Saturday, May 12, 2012

In the Garden

The joy of being in the garden early in the morning.  The thrill never fades.








                                      
I come to the garden alone
While the dew is still on the roses
And the voice I hear falling on my ear
The Son of God discloses.




Refrain:
And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.






He speaks, and the sound of His voice,
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing,
And the melody that He gave to me
Within my heart is ringing.



Refrain:
Find More lyrics at www.sweetslyrics.com
And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.


Here is Loretta Lynn singing the hymn:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RadBma-4P4&feature=related

Have a blessed day in your garden.....
And Happy Mother's Day!

Joining Charlotte for Spiritual Sundays and The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays!
Carol

13 comments:

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

oh so true..I am headed out to my garden now!

Kay K said...

I love this song ....and think of it often when I am in my flower garden ...................

Maple Lane said...

Happy Mother's Day to you. One of my favorite hymns and your garden photos are wonderful.

Olive Cooper said...

Beautiful images and song. Happy Mother's Day.

joy said...

Beautiful flowers! Happy mother's day too!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Very pretty Carol! Happy Mother's Day-enjoy:@)

Sue said...

One of my favorite hymns, and beautiful photos, you have shared, Carol. Wishing yo a most blessed and Happy Mother's Day.
Hugs,
Sue

Debbie said...

Your garden photos were a treat, but the big blessing was the song. It was my Grandmother's favorite. When I see it or hear it, I can still hear her voice. I picture her singing it in time to the back and forth of her iron. Sigh...

Ann said...

A lovely Hymn I haven't heard in years. Love the way you interspersed the flowers with the words. Hope you are enjoying Mothers Day.
Ann

bj said...

What a beautiful post.
I hope YOUR day was blessed and fun.
xoxo bj

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Oh Amen and Amen...Benjamin is learning to love the garden and the sights and sounds...I need to sing this hymn to him. Thanks for taking me on a stroll with this hymn in your garden

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Beautiful photos and a wonderful old hymn! Have a great week!...hugs...Debbie

Charlotte said...

I love this old song. Lovely pictures to illustrate it. Thank you for sharing.
Blessings,
Charlotte