Friday, May 18, 2012

Saturday's Market and Honest Bob's

We went to Saturday's Market last weekend.  Huge flea market and farmer's market.


Indoor and outdoor vendors.  It starts at 4AM! 

And the prices go down all day long.


We had so much fun.


And will definitely go again!


You can rent an outdoor space for $20.


The Farmer's Market had lots to offer.  Besides fresh produce, baked goods.  We had a fabulous fried chicken for lunch.  Yum.


Here is a tiny fraction of the place.  I could not do the size justice.

Mister was shopping for Mother's Day for me. He found the little cast iron kitty.....


......piggy bank!


Up the road on the way home was Honest Bob's Junk. Had to stop.


We picked up this old egg basket there.


It's a perfect place for flowers!
Joining Debra for Vintage Inspiration Friday!
Hope you are having a terrific weekend!

Carol

12 comments:

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Oh wow...that looks like fun and something I would so enjoy! Love the egg basket, I wouldn't have known what it was.
What a great day...so refreshing.

Maple Lane said...

The potted geraniums are perfect for the egg basket and I love the kitty bank. Sounds like a delightful day.

Vee said...

Thank you for taking us along. That place looks just amazing. I loved seeing some of what was being offered, the old pyrex and tea cups...terrific. And, if you get tired of the stuff you haul home, you can just rent a table and sell it. Perfect.

Sweet kitty, sweet egg basket, oh I love the Cake Mix Doctor!

Olive Cooper said...

Four AM? I get up at Five Thirty to go yard salen but my stars that is early sweet friend. Love the kitty.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

That does sound like a great day! Look at all that Corelle-wow:@)

busanalayali said...

Your photos are just amazing! I am so in love with them!

toko busana muslim

Lynn said...

Oh my gosh, look at all that corning ware! I love corning ware casseroles. What happens is that my daughters and I and DIL bring covered dishes to family parties and we are always forgetting our dishes. We don't live around the block from each other, so when we go to make something and realize we don't have that size we cannot just jump in the car and go retrieve it. I found a large casserole at our community flea market a few months ago for $3 which was great, but oh to have all that selection! Also the books!! Hubby and I would be in so much trouble with those books. Sounds like such a fun day. Our kind of day. Blessings.

no spring chicken said...

Oh what fun!! I'm coveting the wire basket... yes I am. ;)

Blessings, Debbie

Judy said...

Sounds like a great way to spend a weekend. Would love to live in your town so I could go along.

Saleslady371 said...

I just love you creative types!

Barb said...

Hi Carol,
Amazing markets...I wouldn't be able to control myself if I went somewhere like that.
I regularly did the rounds of the markets and 2nd hand shops..but I've filled my house (with spares)and I control the fossicking urge these days.
Like the cat and the basket.
Have a good week
God Bless
Barb from Australia

Beth said...

Hi Carol, I like the little basket you bought - looks great with your potted geraniums. I would have loved to look through the tea cups - I have a thing for tea, teapots, tea cups - and of course, cats, dogs, horses, and gardens!
Hugs and blessings, Beth