Sunday, May 6, 2012

Shopping the Yard

 Love this little cup and saucer planter.  We have plenty of sweet woodruff in the yard, so I popped some in and thought it darling.


 My $3 new garden is thriving.  Transplanted the rhubarb, oregano, sage, lilies, lily of the valley, grape hyacinth, lemon balm, rosemary, rocks and bricks.  And the $3 bare root asparagus from Big Lots.

It occurred to me that lemon balm can be very invasive, but also gets pretty big.  It would be nice to grow in a big pot.  So I potted some up. 

The spider plants have been brought outside to enjoy another warm season. Lots more gardening coming up!
Linking up with Cathy for Sunday's Best! and The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays!
Have a terrific week, Carol

13 comments:

Vee said...

But of course! Shopping the yard is a great idea for filling up the many pots that make a deck or porch feel so lush and green. Flowers are expensive and the budget is tight. Thanks for thinking of it!

Sue said...

A job well done, Carol, your plants are so lovely! I am a little behind on my herb garden as we are remodeling it. Thanks for sharing.
Sue

Olive Cooper said...

That is the way to plant. Move stuff around.I have not grown lemon balm.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Everything looks green and happy-enjoy:@)

Maple Lane said...

Everything looks wonderful and best of all, mostly free! I grew lemon balm one year and just loved the fragrance. Hope you have a nice week.

Anne@A Little Fur in the Paint said...

Beautiful, Carol! Don't you love it when you can just do new things with what you already have in the yard?
Just found you through Sunday's Best Party, and am now following ~
Hugs,
Anne

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

It's is great to be able to move some plants outside. Love the cup and saucer so very cute. It's great to be able to move things around to get a whole new look for no cost. Your garden will look great! Thanks for sharing you creative inspiration at Sunday's Best Par.tay!

Debbie said...

Do you know what I would get if I shopped the yard? Pine cones and grass. OK, maybe it's not quite that bad, but I really do wish I had some stuff like you do. I love how you've potted it.

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Good finds in the yard...and I shopped my mom's yard and came home with an old wheel barrow...I will show it to you when I finish painting it pink!

victorian parlor II said...

Love it all!!!

Blessings,

Kim

ImSoVintage said...

Looks like you have a great start on your gardening. $3 sounds pretty good to me :)

Barb said...

Hi Carol,
Your garden is coming along really well.I love the rocks. Putting the spreading and larger growing plants in pots is a good idea.As Spring progresses it will be so lovely.
Have a good week
God Bless
Barb from Australia

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

It looks like you are off to an excellent start! That is one darling cup shaped flower pot!