Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Various Goings On

It's been a busy week, and I've been away from the computer.


We've new residents on the back porch.


The Robins have moved in.


They have a fan club of fairly clueless fellows.  I don't think they feel threatened.


I decided today that it is officially summer here.  Sure looks it.  I'll be concentrating on container gardening at home this year.  In the next picture you'll see why!


The yard has kind of become a blank slate.  The garage will be finished tomorrow, when the electrician works his magic and the driveway repair guy does his thing.

I'll have a big work space upstairs, a potting bench downstairs.  Storage upstairs too.  Mister's work bench downstairs.  Plenty of room to park 2 cars.

A tour will eventually be forthcoming.....

Although this is a fairly terrible picture of the community garden plot, and is outdated by about a week, here's what's happening.  The peas, corn, sunflowers, beans, zinnias, zucchini have sprouted!  The tomato and peppers are doing well.  As are the carrots, cauliflower and cabbage.
None are doing as well as the weeds, but I just keep pulling them every time I go over.
This is a project that does my heart good!

Hope your goings on are going well.....

Carol

8 comments:

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Your garage is too cute! Usable space and great addition!

Vee said...

The garage is already done? Wow. That's amazing and it just looks so cute, too. What are you going to do with your wonderful space? Is it heated? Oh so many questions, but I can be patient. Love the furry fan club by the door. At least you know where they'll be for a few weeks.

Maple Lane said...

The garage looks great! You guys will really enjoy all that space! We have a new kitty tonight - wish us luck!

Linda O'Connell said...

Those garden beds look wonderful and your garage looks better than some homes I've seen. Enjoy.

Cindy said...

The weeds always so better than anything else, don't they. No matter the weather, it seems, they will thrive.
Sound like everything is doing well. I look forward to going home in 10 days and beginning gardening in earnest, for me anyways.
Hugs, Cindy

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Your garage is great...I can't wait for the tour. Your community garden looks wonderful also...I did get an old wheel barrow and painted it pink!

The birds...isn't it just fun to watch nature? I am so glad God made them and we get to enjoy. Around here we watch the birds dive bombing the cats...both are protected at your place

Debbie said...

The garage looks wonderful and like a perfect fit for your home. Summer is officially here too. I don't care what date is on the calendar, summer is hot, and it's hot. Therefore, it's summer. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Happy@Home said...

Your garage looks really nice and sounds like it will function well for everybody. I look forward to a tour. It might inspire me to clean out my garage :).