Thursday, May 31, 2012

Winner, Winner, Easy Summer Dinner!

I have discovered the griddle feature on my range. What a quick and wonderful, easy, no mess way to make a meal! One meal we really enjoy is Quesadillas.


To cooked chicken, I added cayenne, chili powder, cumin, salsa, to taste. This time I also added a red bell pepper and some fresh spinach.


Sprayed the griddle with some non-stick spray. 


Loaded the chicken mixture onto the tortillas.  Shredded cheese on top of the chicken.


Onto the griddle it went!  Flipped it over once.  As soon as the cheese was melted, it was ready. 


The griddle cleans up with just a wet dishcloth. I got the edges later....

This recipe is versatile.  You can sub out other meat for the chicken.  Vegetable choices are endless.  I have even put asparagus in. 

You could cook these on the grill, as well. 

Serve with a side of salsa, sour cream.

11 comments:

Cindy said...

Yummy! That sound scrumptious! I love Quesadillas. What a great feature to have, that griddle looks like a great way to cook so many things.
Hugs, Cindy

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

What a fun stove you have, I'd love a griddle like that! We don't have gas here either, bummer. The Quesadillas look great-enjoy:@)

Vee said...

Hmmm, wish I had a griddle. I do love Mexican food. I was excited to learn how to make tortillas, but I use my trusty skillet to cook them off.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

I have a new electolux stove, will have to try that on our griddle! Great idea.

Maple Lane said...

The griddle would be wonderful to have. Your meal looks delicious and healthy. Our 85 yr old Puerto Rican neighbor makes home-made salsa with green peppers and it is so good with quesadillas.
Hope you guys have a great weekend, Carol.

Cheryl said...

Oh my that looks yummy! It is far too late to be hungry...but now I am. :D

Debbie said...

ta da! It's simple and looks delicious. We don't have a griddle feature. I wish we did. We do have an electric griddle though so I can still try it.

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Brilliant idea; quick and simple (and delicious). I shall try that tonight with my trusty skillet!

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

that looks good and what a great griddle...makes me think I should try this with my cast iron grill I have that can go on my electric stove..thanks for sharing

elizabeth said...

Oh, I'm kind of jealous of that stove!

elizabeth said...

Oh, I'm kind of jealous of that stove!