Sunday, June 3, 2012

A Sink Garden

We had the old bathroom sink in the garage. I knew I'd find the perfect use for it!


Some of the brick stockpile was used to create a base.  Being a sink, the drainage hole is built right in.


A coffee filter lets the water drain through, but keeps the soil in the sink.


I added potting soil, begonias and white alyssum.


On the left and on the right, a yellow Black Eyed Susan vine will trail over the sides.


The kitty statue was already in place, because this is where our darling Clarence is buried.

Hope you like this l'il corner of my garden.
Have a marvelous day!
Joining Cathy for Sunday's Best #33!  Come along to the par-tay!
Carol

12 comments:

Vee said...

Very sweet. Show us again when in full flower and bloom. At first, I thought the cat was real.

Tracey said...

Very cute idea! In the first 2 pics, the sink looks like it has a face :-)

Sue said...

What a great Idea, Carol,thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Sue

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

What a cute and practical idea!

Linda O'Connell said...

I have the same cat outside where my little guy was buried, too. I love repurposing old items. This looks cute.

Cindy said...

I love old sinks and yours is so pretty sitting on it's little throne of bricks. It looks great with the plants in it too.
Have a great day!
Hugs, Cindy

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

So clever, Carol. That looks so pretty. I hope you'll show the progress as it grows. laurie

ImSoVintage said...

Love this :)

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Look at you...how creative and fun!

Debbie said...

Now that is just plain clever, and I love the look of it to boot. Just perfect!

no spring chicken said...

So clever! I love the brick base... and the memorial to Clarence is perfect.

Blessings, Debbie

momstheword said...

That's pretty and will be prettier when it starts trailing over! Cute idea.

It's funny that you mentioned a phone dream because I had one of those once too and I couldn't reach him either, lol!