Saturday, August 11, 2012

Summer Mornings at Home

Here is where you will find me, of a summer morning.  I sit in the red chair on the left.


The blue table (found while shopping the curb) is right handy for my coffee.  And for my books and Bible while I have my scheduled Quiet Time.
If I don't schedule my Quiet Time for first thing, I may never get to it.  Have to be intentional about it.


The view reminds me of the extravagance of my loving God that I see in the beauty of His creation.


It is a quiet place.  A blessed meeting place.


My blessings are too numerous to count.


I am working through the Old Testament.
I use Lee Robert's book, "Praying God's Will for My Husband" to do just that. I have used this book for many years to pray Scripture over my loved ones.

As you know, when you start your day this way, it sets the tone for the rest of the day.

Be blessed!

Joining Charlotte for Spiritual Sundays.

13 comments:

Lois' Laughlines said...

I am a new blog follower. Your post has been a blessing to me today. Thanks for sharing.
blessings to you.

Vee said...

I do not know that book by L.R. It sounds like a good one. What a great place to have your morning devotions.

Olive Cooper said...

Your quiet time spot is lovely and you are right you must be intentional about it. hugs to you, olive

Maple Lane said...

You have a perfect place to read and pray in the mornings. I remember my parents having yellow chairs like yours when they were younger. We all rocked a million miles in those chairs! Blessings to you and yours this weekend. I'll be away from posting for the next week or so.

Pamela said...

A lovely place to meet with Jesus. I have to be intentional, too, or the whole day can slide by. And I'm usually grouchy, too.

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Well since I love your house it just goes with out saying that I too love your porch..what a place to start the day.

I have that book on praying for your husband..oh my, so old and I don't know if they print it anymore.

You are an example of a wise woman..you start the day out right and back your love ones in prayer

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

What a wonderful way to take in the beauty he created.

Linda said...

What a lovely way to start the day. I struggle with the discipline necessary to start every day this way - life has been so hectic. I really needed this encouragement - wish I had been able to read it this morning. God bless you for your words!

Cindy said...

What a wonderful place to start your day, you're so right about having to be intentional. I adore the vintage chairs that you have there, very nice!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Thanks for visiting Thistle Cove Farm, I followed you home -smile-. Is that Fiesta Ware? It's lovely and also love your corner where you meet God. You're so right, it must be intentional or it doesn't happen and I couldn't get through my day without Scripture first.
God bless you for "Praying God's Will for Your Husband"...that's so wonderful and I know God has heaped blessings on all of you because of your obedience.
I just wish Dave was still here so I could pray over, with and for him.

Susy said...

Hi. I've seen your blog around but don't think I've ever stopped in. Glad I did ~ good stuff. Blessings.

Barb said...

Hi Carol,
Your early morning quiet place is so pretty and peaceful...a perfect place to say "Good Morning, God"
Thank you for sharing.
Have a good week
Barb from Australia

Charlotte said...

Love it. What a peaceful place to pray and meditate. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Blessings,
Charlotte