Sunday, September 16, 2012

4 O'Clocks

The 4 o'clocks have been here longer than we have.
They meet many garden requirements for me.


First, they are perennials.


Next, they require NO care.  I do weed back some of the Chinese Lanterns to give them more room, if you want to call that care.
I do not water them.  I do nothing at all for them other than making room.


Additionally, they bloom in 4 different colors here between the driveway and house.  Deep pink, light pink, yellow, white.

They are going strong!

Have a lovely Monday and wonderful week.

This week's project here......I'll wash, prep and paint the red metal roofs - front porch and sun room - on the house!
What are YOU up to??
Carol


11 comments:

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I've known forever how easy these are. I wonder why I don't have them? So pretty.

Cheryl said...

I agree with your assessment of 4o'clocks, Carol! You gotta love anything that is so little trouble. My husband planted some seeds years ago, and they have spread every year and are such a happy little spot in the yard. :)

Maple Lane said...

Your flowers are so pretty. I've never grown four 'o clocks! We have a guy coming to replace a shower door this week. The cats will be inconvenienced, I'm sure!!!!!

Don't work too hard.

chateau chic said...

Beautiful!
Mary Alice

Vee said...

Four o'clocks are very delicate looking. Until very recently...the past few weeks...I had not heard of them. Now I want some, too.

ImSoVintage said...

Love these and have never heard of them before. :)

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

This is the first time I've heard of them. Very pretty flowers!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Gotta love a flower that just goes about it's business expecting nothing but admiration from us! Enjoy:@)

Beth said...

The four o'clocks are really pretty. My aunt used to grow them. Sounds like you have a very busy week ahead. My week: Volunteering at the animal shelter on Mon, Weds, and Fri and going on a garden tour Tuesday...plus housework, garden work...the usual. :-)

Cindy said...

Your Four O' Clocks are very pretty, I don't know if I've ever seen those before in real life.
I have been decorating for Fall and keeping house, that's about it.
Have a good week.
Hugs, cindy

Linda O'Connell said...

You can bet that I will be buying 4O'clocks next spring. They are beautiful, and did you say easy to care for? I like your herb banner, too, Carol. Have a great week.