Friday, September 28, 2012

I've Got Autumn Decor, Too!

Here it is.  Got it all out last week and dumped it on the family room carpet that was due for vacuuming that day.  Not impressive at all.
The cats were all safely bedded down for an afternoon nap.  I tried to be quiet so that the rustling and hanging wouldn't awaken them, since they find this sort of activity fascinating and believe themselves helpful.


 I strung some winterberry along the top of the kitchen hutch.  I like it with the whites along the top.  It goes nicely with the dishes, too!


 Some more berries over the kitchen/foyer doorway. 


 Berries cascading from the old chamber pot. 


 Same as usual garland on the dining room mantel, where it will live until January.


 A nod to autumn on a picture frame.


The candle rings fill in as little wreaths.  The wreath wire wound nicely around the hinge of the cabinet door propped up in the dining room.


Bubs showed up when I was still in the dining room.  He was still sluggish from sleeping, thank goodness!


 The living room hutch gets a "wreath" and berries.


Another "wreath" over the foyer mirror.

And I'm done. 



9 comments:

Vee said...

You crack me up! This is really not your thing I take it. I do love the winterberries among the white dishes. Say, do you have bittersweet down there? I am sending John out to get me masses of the stuff if he will dare to ask his friend for it.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Looks like you got it all decorated, now to see if the helpers don't decide to redecorate:@)

Susan said...

Hi Carol....Nice decor. Very, very nice. Liked it all.

Thanks for stopping by yesterday. Loved knowing you came for visit.

My post today is on Honey Cat, so if you have time, come on over for a short spell. (You KNOW how much I love my Honey Cat.

Take care and have a nice weekend. Susan

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

so pretty...laughing it was done while they were napping...I am sure they would be pawing it while you tried to hang it...great welcome to fall

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Ooooh, looks great, Carol! You are so far ahead of me. We still have summer weather here, though.

Despite that, I'm thinking fall and want to wish you a Happy One!

XO,

Sheila

Linda O'Connell said...

It looks inviting and homey!

Saleslady371 said...

I never get tired of wreaths. Love them and berries and you decorate so well with them. I just got out my fall decorations yesterday. Love this time of year!

Sandy said...

It all looks great, love the mantles and all the berries you used.
Sandy

20 North Ora said...

Looks good. I'm sure if the cat was awake he would have been a tremendous help.

Judy