Sunday, September 30, 2012

Just a Rose of Sharon

I always end up having Roses of Sharon.  They have beautiful blooms but they are SO invasive.
I potted one up, thinking I'd eventually make it into a topiary.  Didn't expect any blooms this year.


It's upstairs on the porch off the master bedroom.  These stripes are new to me.  Maybe it's just the view from behind the bloom, but I can't stop looking at them.


Something I often view as a nuisance and commonplace.....and I'm enjoying its beauty. 
Glorious, in a word.


It's an unexpected surprise.  A simple pleasure.  A beautiful gift.

And I'm loving it.

Joining the Nester for 31 days of Simple Pleasures.

6 comments:

elizabeth said...

31 days of simple pleasure! I can't wait to follow along!

Cheryl said...

What a delightful idea for a series! I'll be following...

✿Carol✿ said...

Lovely shots of your Rose of Sharon! I was so sure that mine was dead, but not only is it alive, but another one has appeared in front of it, and it's not the same color. How in the world did that happen?!

ImSoVintage said...

How lovely. That is definitely the kind of surprise I love.

Hugs,
Laura

Cindy said...

That's a wonderful simple pleasure, seeing one of God's beautiful creations can be such a pleasure. It's really beautiful!!!
Have a wonderful week. Cindy

Laurie Ritchey said...

Carol, it's beautiful, and how wonderful that it has become one of your simple pleasures. It was my simple pleasure to get to see it tonight. laurie