Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A Completed Task


On my to-do list this summer:  wash and wax the cars.  Mister washed his car for me and I waxed it.
That left me with my car.  White and not washed or waxed for TWO YEARS.  Yes, that's right.
I washed.
I waxed.

Work is good.  Satisfaction of a job, big or small, well done is a wonderful
simple pleasure.

Joining the Nesting Place all month.

And here we are at day 3.

And Happy Birthday to my maternal Grandma.  She would have been 100 years old yesterday!

10 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Wow, that's neat that she would be 100!

And I think that's great that you washed AND waxed your car. It is nice to have that feeling of accomplishment when you complete a task. Work is good.

XO,

Sheila

Susan said...

That's good your cars got washed and waxed, Carol. Don't you ever go through the car wash? I love doing that. And the vacuuming at the one I go to is free!Take care. Susan

Cheryl said...

Yes, a completed task is definitely a simple pleasure! Clean, waxed cars...wonderful!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

That's a big chore in my book! Congrats on getting it done:@)

Debbie said...

I'm so glad to read that someone else is guilty of neglecting the wash and wax. My poor Ebenezer needs a car spa day!

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Oh my son and I waxed my car this summer...it soooooooooooo needed it, the heat had beaten it up.
Fun post..keep it up girl!

Vee said...

Great job! Well done! (I just drive mine through the $6 car wash once a year and call it good.)

Olive Cooper said...

I wash my Mini about 3x per year and that is it. Waxing does not cross my mind ever. You are brilliant to do it.

Cindy said...

I love a shiny, clean car, don't you?!
Hugs, Cindy

Maple Lane said...

I used to take such pride in washing/waxing my car - but nowdays, I just go thru the auto. My knees and hands are OLD!
You did a good job. You had quite a busy summer.
Sweet rememberance of your grandmother.