Saturday, October 13, 2012

A Simple Provision

Dinner the other night was to be a cheesy ham/potato/carrot casserole affair.  Good comfort food for fall.
Then I realized I didn't have carrots!
Then I realized I DID have carrots.

I headed out to our community garden plot and dug these babies up!  Carrots, in green, white and orange varieties.

I had some left the next night to cook in a little bit of butter.  Yum!

What a great Simple Pleasure.  I planted them in the spring, and have picked them off and on ever since.  Next year I will definitely plant more.

And so it goes.  Day 13 of Simple Pleasures.  Partying with the nester.

6 comments:

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

There's something very satisfying about growing one's own food! Happy Weekend Carol:@)

Maple Lane said...

I love carrots,cooked or raw. How fun to grow the different varieties. Have a fun Saturday.

Susan said...

Hi Carol...My husband loves ham and scalloped potato casserole. I'll bet yours turned out delish. Glad you remembered the carrots! Susan

joy said...

Hmmm. I am sure it tasted good:)

Janette's Sage/Simply Your Decor said...

Girl your community garden was so productive this year...I think I am going to venture into learning about our community garden, because my backyard one didn't work

Vee said...

Nice to just make a garden run. I know nothing of green and white carrots. Hmmm...

Now that the frost has taken everything (except the parsley), I'll be at a loss until next summer. Well not totally...I brought in my rosemary plant so that I can have crash potatoes.