Wednesday, October 31, 2012

A Sweet Volunteer

 I was out by the driveway this weekend.  Just minding my own business. 
Clearing stuff out of the way in preparation for Sandy and accompanying winds.


 A spot of pink by the house caught my eye.


 Wha?????!  All I have here are spiderwort, Chinese lanterns, creeping geranium.


A dear petunia.  I've never had petunias here before. 
So you know what that means?!
A beautiful volunteer.  At almost-November, no less!

And there you have it.  Day 31, of 31 Days of Simple Pleasures.

15 comments:

elizabeth said...

I like sweet surprises like this.

Maple Lane said...

A beautiful gift indeed!

Linda O'Connell said...

What a wonderful surprise this late.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

God winking at you and telling you He cares for you in even the smallest things.

I'm so glad you are safe!!!

XO,

Sheila

Cheryl said...

That must have brought a smile!

Thank you for sharing your simple pleasures this month, Carol. It has been a delight to stop by each day and find gratitude for the simple blessings in life.

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

I found a petunia in my flower box as well. Lovely surprises.

Sharing Shadymont said...

It was there to bless you! So beautiful!

Debbie said...

Now THAT is the perfect way to end your month of simple pleasures! I love it. The fact that it's pink just adds all the more enchantment for some reason to me.

Lorraine said...

What a lovely little gift! So pretty!

ImSoVintage said...

I love volunteers. They are such sweet surprises :)

elizabeth said...

Thanks so much for your encouragement on my guest post at Imperfect Prose. I really appreciated it!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

so sweet, a little seed came in your yard and decided to take up residence!

Janette's Sage/Simply Your Decor said...

those kind of surprises just make my day...it is like God sends us a smile!

Cindy said...

Oh how fun! A petunia growing unexpectedly! LIke a little gift!
Have a beautiful Sunday.
Cindy

joy said...

What a precious gift gor the day:)