Friday, October 5, 2012

Blue Sky and Water, A Friend for a Sister

I do love a blue autumn sky.  In this case, it is reflected in the evening water.  It's wonderful how the water gets still, like glass, in the early morning and evening.

It makes for a beautiful Simple Pleasure.

Another pleasure, probably not so simple, is the friendship I share with my "little" sister.  Today is her birthday!  Linda is a godly, smart, caring, compassionate, gracious and inspirational sister, mother, wife, who also has a great sense of humor!

Happy Birthday, Linda!

And so goes Day 5 of 31 Days of Simple Pleasures!

9 comments:

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Aw that's sweet! Happy Weekend:@)

Linda O'Connell said...

Do you have insomnia? Happy birthday to your sister.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Happy Birtthday to your little sis and love to both of you, Carol!

XO,

Sheila

Jody and Stan said...

Happy Birthday to your sister! Thanks for stopping by with your inspiring comments. Have a wonderful weekend.

Jody

Debbie said...

Count me in as another one who is a fan of the autumn sky. your capture is just plain beautiful.

And Happy Birthday to your sister!

Maple Lane said...

Happy Birthday wishes to your sis!

S. Etole said...

Such a beautiful view. Blessings to your sister for her birthday.

momstheword said...

Wow, girl!!!! You were busy today. I didn't do much of anything.

I took my mom (she's 89) out for a few hours and she enjoyed it. We went to some of her favorite stores (and mine, lol!) Then I met the bus of my friend's daughter and took her home with me.

Then I sat down at the computer and wrote another blog post and created another one of those button thingys on picmonkey.

I am just learning how to do it, but I figure if I create a button it will make the post lmore fun to look at, and maybe someday somebody will pin it on pinterest.

I keep seeing these cute little buttons pinned and I keep thinking I want to be pinned with a cute little button thingy, lol!

Do you know how to make those? I can give you a link to the tutorial that taught me how if you're interested. Mine aren't great or fancy yet, but I am learning how! It's kind of fun.

joy said...

Happy birthday to your sister. I loved reading your. Simple pleasures. Really inspires:)