Thursday, October 4, 2012

Chocolate

I would definitely classify chocolate as a Simple Pleasure.  Especially for Day 4 of the 31 Days of said pleasures.




And I'm also feeling guilty.  Because really, truly, I SHOULD have shared this with you sooner.
It's a Homemade Fudge recipe from Taste of Home's Quick Cooking Sept/Oct 1999.  You know Taste of Home recipes are keepers.
As a Sugar Snob, I love sweet stuff, but it's gotta be good, or forget it!
I've been making this for years.  You can have fudge in just a few minutes with this recipe.

Coffee Shop Fudge

3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
2 T strong brewed coffee
1 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
Put all the above in a microwave safe bowl.  Microwave, stopping to stir every 30 seconds or so.  Mini chips get melted in like a minute or 2. 

Mix together with a spatula, and add:

1 tsp vanilla
Stir together.
Place in a foil lined 8 inch square pan, with buttered foil.
Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, until firm.
Cut into squares.  You do NOT need to keep refrigerated.

And there you have it.  Simple.  Delicious.  Pleasure!

Continuing on the 31 Days........

10 comments:

joy said...

This is a must try recipe. Hmmmm. Calorie bombs. Time for a walk:)

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Ya had me at chocolate!

ImSoVintage said...

This sounds so yummy. Wish I was eating sugar. :(

Debbie said...

Oh yes... possibly the most ultimate simple pleasure of all is chocolate. It's really a category all its own.

I need to try the recipe.
Just not when I'm home alone.
Because, well, you know...

Maple Lane said...

Thx for the recipe. I have a little friend (my vet asst.'s little girl) coming for Trick or Treat; this would be delicious!
Confession: I just bought a Three Musketeers bar!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

This recipe is new to me! Sounds good and I'll bookmark for a future fudge craving:@)

Linda O'Connell said...

Yes, you have now convinced me that this will get me though the winter.

momstheword said...

Girl!!!!!! You had me at chocolate, lol! I love me some chocolate, although I don't eat it very often. But when I do, I enjoy the heck out of it, lol!

Janette - Decorator said...

these are fun post and creative...of course chocolate!!!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Chocolate is not just a simple pleasure for me. It's a GUILTY pleasure. I can't resist it. LOL

Recipe sounds so delicious!

XO,

Sheila