Monday, October 22, 2012

Freecyclin'

Thank you all for your concern and especially for your prayers during the past week. Today (Tuesday) I have a doctor's appointment, a follow-up. We'll see if there is a diagnosis. I'm calling it severe gastroenteritis with possible appendix involvement.
Cause? Dunno.


So I joined freecycle (freecycle.org) a few weeks ago.  It was a good way to clear a few things out of the house.  And, boy, did I score!
I picked up 6 (SIX) boxes of canning jars, rings, lids.  Not regular canning jar box-sized boxes.  No, these babies were full of 2 layers each of beautifully packed and clean jars.  (I'll still wash them again before use, of course.)


All these jars and supplies.  All FREE.  There are 2 layers of jars beneath all those rings.
Before they were put away upstairs in the garage.  Yes, the garage that I have yet to give you a tour of.


Look at all these lids!  Still in their original packaging!  Wow.

I just wish canning season wasn't......over.  At least canning season in my frugal world!

Simple Pleasure Number 23. 

8 comments:

Olive Cooper said...

Ah the tricky diagnosis of gastroenteritis. I am praying for you my friend. Hang in there. Shelley pics will be in my next post-likely on Tuesday. xo, olive

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

Oh my! I hope you will be feeling better soon. Lucky you to get all those canning jars! I ran out this summer and had to buy some more.

Maple Lane said...

Praying that you will continue to improve and get the answers you need on Tues.
Way to go with all the canning supplies - looks great!

Debbie said...

I was hit with an oddball bug of my own last week so I don't know what happened to you. I will scroll to see and add myself to your prayer people.

I need to look into that freecycle. That's an amazing haul.

Vee said...

What a score that was! Somebody took very good care of her canning supplies.

Yes, I figured that you'd have a diagnosis...can't help it, right? Hope that you are feeling lots and lots better.

Cindy said...

That's a real find, and for free? It doesn't get any better than that.
Have a good day and I hope you get some answers.
hugs, Cindy

Cheryl said...

Freecycling is such a good thing!

(You're still taking it easy, right?) :)

elizabeth said...

Praying for a complete and speedy recovery from whatever it is.
I've known some people who free cycle. You really made a score with those jars!