Sunday, October 28, 2012

Healing, Day 28

I was so sick, as many of you know.  But now I am well.

It started early on a Friday with abdominal discomfort.  Figured it was just a GI upset, rested, slept, felt better.
But it returned that night.
Better the next day, til evening,
Sunday, we almost went to the ER.  It was THAT bad.
I felt guided to start drinking water and walking.  That brought relief.  Holy Spirit guidance.
Monday I made a doctor's appointment.  So you know it had to be bad.
Monday night I had a CAT scan with contrast.  They said it was ok.
Tuesday night I DID go to the ER.  They decided it was some uterine fibroids.
Wednesday the gynecologist ruled out the pre-existing fibroids as a source of pain.
Thursday I returned to the doctor, where I found out that I had been dehydrated at the ER and
     otherwise bloodwork was normal. 
Friday we debated on returning to the ER.  Again, I felt guided to stay in bed, rest, sleep and keep hydrating.
     So I did.  And I improved.
Saturday, again, with the bedrest, and hydrating, and again on Sunday.  I was improving daily.
At the recheck appointment on Tuesday my doctor was so pleased with my progress, as was I!
Wednesday, I realized that I had gotten my joy back!

My point??  Since I unexpectedly retired in the spring, my life has been unexpectedly more streamlined in its focus on the Lord.  I have been able to schedule real, intentional time daily to be in His Word, to pray His Word over my family.  This is the most important thing I do in my life.  Praying and being in His Word has transformed ME, and brought me into a sweet communion with Him like I have never known in the 40 some years I have been a believer.


The intimacy and constant conversation He and I share is the greatest joy of my life.
Simple Pleasure........and so much more!


8 comments:

Vee said...

Isn't it wonderful to know that even when we don't have a clue what's going on, He does? And that He is more than willing because of His great love to guide us? Your account blesses me. (I'm not glad that you were miserable for so many days, yet I'm glad that you shared the story of your experience and sweet communion.)

Linda O'Connell said...

Sometimes all we have to do is get quiet and listen to that inner voice. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

joy said...

best intimacy ever is with GOd!
Good to hear that yor are better now.

Maple Lane said...

Your joy comes through in your words, dear friend, Praise the Lord for your healing.
A few months ago, John was experiencing flu like symptoms and terrible itching on his face/ear. I had prayed for God's guidance...out of a deep sleep, I awoke with one word STRONGLY on my mind - shingles. We immediately made a dr. appt.
Bless you and your family.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

So glad you are feeling better. How nice to have time to do what we really know we need to do.

Mary Ellen said...

So glad you are feeling better! Oh the sweet voice of the Father is such a blessing. I desire to hear more clearly for all the moments in my life as I know He would love for me to quiet enough to hear HIm also.

bee blessed
mary

Sharing Shadymont said...

I know what you mean about making time specifically for God. I have made a renewed commitment to read my Bible and pray more. I retired March 31, and I would say this is the best thing I have done with my time. So glad that God spoke to you in your illness, and that you are feeling much better. God is Good!

Kathy A Delightsome Life said...

I was thinking as I read that you were probably quite dehydrated - your growth toward the LORD and relying on Him is marvelous - complete trust in God no matter what is quite comforting - glad you're getting better!
Hugs,
Kathy