Thursday, October 18, 2012

Simple Pleasures, On We Go!

Days 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 of Simple Pleasures.  A consolidation, of sorts.
I am very thankful today.  I have been having worsening abdominal pain for the last week.  Two trips to the doctor's office, tests at the hospital and a trip to the ER.  Back to the doctor this afternoon.
Some things have been ruled out, but the pain remains and worsens.  Pain meds help some.
So why am I so thankful?  I am surrounded by simple and great pleasures, blessings......


16.  the beauty that surrounds me, watching the season's transition.  It's always there, a tangible reminder of God's faithfulness.
17.  a sweet, strong loving husband who rushed home from his business trip to help me, whose prayer cover has transformed my life, who I can lean on.  God loves me through this wonderful man.
18.  family who is concerned and loving.  My parents came up and sat with me yesterday and took me to the doctor's, brought food, and most of all, loving comfort.
17.  prayers of faithful friends, bloggers, church friends.
18.  being held all night by Mister.  I didn't even mind the snoring! - it just was a reminder of his presence.
19.  my sister who commanded me to ask my parents to come and stay with me yesterday,  and then to talk with her husband, who is a skilled and knowledgeable physician's assistant about what was going on.  He was so helpful!
20.  our cats, who continue to entertain daily, with their poorly thought out shenanigans
21.  The Munkii, our youngest cat, who is snuggling with me right now.  dear little boy!

And there you have it.  Gratitude for so many blessings, all of them evidence of God's faithfulness and extravagant love.

Joining Nesting Place.


15 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh dear Carol...I love that you are finding simple pleasures in the midst of your suffering! I will certainly be praying for you, that you will find relief from your pain, answers as to its source, and His comforting presence as you rest.

Maple Lane said...

I am praying, dear Carol. Please keep us updated when you learn more. May God bless you.

ImSoVintage said...

Carol. I am so sorry that you are in such pain. I am praying for a quick recovery for you and to guide the doctors in determining the cause of your pain.

Hugs,
Laura

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Carol, I just prayed for you.

Sending love and good wishes your way.

XO,

Sheila

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

So sorry to hear you're in pain! Please take care:@)

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Carol- sorry to hear about your awful pain. I hope the DR's are able to figure out the problem. I am blessed by your testimony of faith and seeing the blessings in the midst of the storm.
I will certainly be praying for you. Pat

Vee said...

Oh I'm sorry that you are having any troubles whatsoever. It can be very discomfiting to have something going on in one's person without having definitive answers. I'm praying for you. How often I have not been able to sleep for snoring, but have been grateful for comforting arms. I see that you feel the same way. Love to you and prayers that there'll be those answers and relief very soon.

Val said...

Hope you get to feeling better. It sounds like you have a wonderful support system.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Carol, I am so sorry you are hurting. I hope they find out soon what is causing the pain.
Sending prayers and a hug.

Tim and Kristy said...

Carol,
So sorry to hear you're in pain. I too will pray that you will be feeling better soon and answers are found. So glad you are blessed with a loving and caring family. God Bless, Kristy

Leann said...

Oh Carol

I'm lifting you up in prayer right now.

Big Hugs!!!

Leann

Janette's Sage/Simply Your Decor said...

So, so sorry...praying for you right now!!! Thanks for reminding us all to be thankful in the moments when we don't physically feel good.
Blessings and healing in Jesus Name!

laurie said...

Carol, I am so sad to read that you are not feeling well, and I will add you to my prayers. How wonderful that you have the personality and the faith to still be able to count your blessings. I'm so glad you're surrounded by loving family and loving cats. I hope your health improves very quickly. laurie

Linda O'Connell said...

I hope you are feeling better soon. I had a bout of diverticulosis or (itis) and it felt like a horse kicked me in my abdomen. It passed after a week or more. I know how badly you must feel.

joy said...

Blessing to see the goodness of God no matter what. Get well soon:)