Thursday, November 8, 2012

Live Like That. Grace. Love.

The election is over but emotions still run high.  As I have been spending time reflecting I have come to a conclusion.

Regardless of how each of us voted, regardless of the Electoral College votes versus the popular vote, we now have a choice.  A powerful choice.

  • I choose to extend the grace that God has extended to me.  
  • I choose to press in and PRAY faithfully for our president.
  • I choose to no longer speak negatively of him as a person - instead I will speak life and light into his life and administration.

We KNOW what God can do.  We trust Him with what we consider the good, the hard, the difficult.  How is this different?

Pray.
Press in.
Be gracious.
Love.
Incomparable  Power......  Prayer. Changes. Things.

We still can uphold our principles, we still will obey God.  I was surprised at how distressed I was with the results.  But GOD is my hope.  My refuge.  My salvation.

And I hold on to Him, and like the Sidewalk Prophets' song says, I want to be LOVE......recklessly abandoned to Him.

Am I proof
That You are who you say You are
That grace can really change a heart
Do I live like Your love is true 

I want to live like that
And give it all I have
So that everything I say and do
Points to You

If love is who I am

Then this is where I'll stand
Recklessly abandoned
Never holding back


 Below is the link to video with lyrics, and then lyrics below.  Beautiful, beautiful. 

Sidewalk Prophets, "Live Like That "  video link

Live Like That
Sometimes I think
What will people say of me
When I'm only just a memory
When I'm home where my soul belongs

Was I love
When no one else would show up
Was I Jesus to the least of those
Was my worship more than just a song

I want to live like that
And give it all I have
So that everything I say and do
Points to You

If love is who I am
Then this is where I'll stand
Recklessly abandoned
Never holding back

I want to live like that
I want to live like that

Am I proof
That You are who you say You are
That grace can really change a heart
Do I live like Your love is true

People pass
And even if they don't know my name
Is there evidence that I've been changed
When they see me, do they see You

I want to live like that
And give it all I have
So that everything I say and do
Points to You

If love is who I am
Then this is where I'll stand
Recklessly abandoned
Never holding back

I want to live like that
I want to live like that


I want to show the world the love You gave for me
I'm longing for the world to know the glory of the King

I want to live like that
And give it all I have
So that everything I say and do
Points to You

If love is who I am
Then this is where I'll stand
Recklessly abandoned
Never holding back

I want to live like that
I want to live like that

4 comments:

Maple Lane said...

I agree with your comments, Carol. I listened to the video and these are beautiful lyrics. Prayer, indeed, does change things.

Janette's Sage/Simply Your Decor said...

I agree...besides it is time for Revival in our land and whatever the Lord uses to ignite the Revival fires and I am for!

Vickie said...

Great post, Carol. I refuse to stay in a state of misery and worry. We have to pray - it's the ONLY thing some of us can do, but it's THE MOST IMPORTANT thing we can do. Prayer is powerful and I know my faith wavers sometimes and things seem overwhelming! Thanks for sharing this today!

Chenille Cottage said...

Thank you for your poignant post. I, too, have felt like a big black cloud was hovering over me. I prayed prior to the election and will continue to claim the scripture from the book of Daniel. "God set us kings...and, He deposes them." These are times we as believers need to be spending much time in prayer. I hold on to the truth that God is in control...no matter what!
Have a lovely Thanksgiving, my friend.
Blessings,
Carolynn xo