Saturday, December 15, 2012

Dining Room Christmas

One mantel I decorate.  The faux fireplace mantel in the dining room!
(the other 2 mantels are occupied by a) Mister's TV and b) cats)
The extent of my craftiness is exemplified by the 2 trees over the candlesticks to the left.


I took a cue from Kathy at Sharing Shadymont and took an antique sewing machine drawer, filled it with mason jars, greens, and twinkle lights.  Each jar has Epsom salts for faux snow - I could also sub out tea light candles.




My 3 Santas come out every year.  A bargain buy years ago which Chickie was just a little tot.




The stockings are hung over chair backs with care.....

Blessings and Comfort, as our prayers go out for those affected in the Sandy Hook tragedy,

Carol

9 comments:

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Mantles are so fun to decorate at Christmas. Just love the drawer and all the lights!

elizabeth said...

It all looks so lovely! The mantel is gorgeous and I love the sewing drawer idea.

Maple Lane said...

Very pretty mantel - I love your drawer too. I follow Kathy too!
Joining with you in praying for the victims in CT.

Sharing Shadymont said...

Thanks for the shout out! I love what you did with your sewing drawer! That's a great idea. Epsom salt for snow....very creative! Great job!!!!!

Merlesworld said...

I do like your 3 santa's much better than 1.
Merle.....

joy said...

You have nice decorations. Creative:) have a blessed Sunday though.

chateau chic said...

Lots of fun Christmas cheer going on in your home!
Mary Alice

ImSoVintage said...

Love your mantle and that is a great idea for an old sewing drawer.
Laura

Chenille Cottage said...

Everything looks so pretty, Carol! Your canning jars with the sparkling lights are simply stunning!
Warmest wishes,
Carolynn xoxo