Friday, December 28, 2012

Happy Anniversary, Mister!

Eleven years ago, to the very day, and on a Friday morning, Mister and I became husband and wife.



I was pretty scared, but God told me to marry him, and I did love him so, so I did. Mister was confident and happy about us. I am happy to report that our marriage continues to blow me away and far exceed my expectations of how wonderful an earthly relationship could be.

But I know why it is that way. It's because my man is sold out to God. (As am I!) As Ecclesiastes 4 says,  

9 Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: 10 If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! 11 Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? 12 Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

Not only does our marriage enable us to each serve God better, but it makes us better.  It brings us closer to God, and closer in Him.  It surely is nothing we could even come close to on our own.


I have never been happier in my life.

8 comments:

Vee said...

First of all, Happy Anniversary to a very special couple!

My niece, who now believes that there are "no good men" out there, and I were just discussing that scripture among others. I told her that I would pray and she told me not to bother as she's fine single. Okay, my love, if you are happy and that's what you want, but what's that bitter tone about "no good men" left?! So many young women out there who would love to be married if there were a nice man available. Are they all gone?

Janette's Sage/Simply Your Decor said...

What a wonderful testimony...and Happy Anniversary

I am laughing at Vee's comments..this generation needs to know that there are good men and women out there..I am a mom of five boys and three wonderful young men...two still growing! The boys ask about good women!

thanks for sharing your testimony it gives hope to all of us!!!

Maple Lane said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Kay K said...

Happy Anniversary !!!

The Weir House said...

YAY FOR YOU!!!!!!!! This makes me so happy and I look forward to marriage just so I can say this :) Ps. hope you find your cat eye readers!!!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Happy Anniversary! So happy for you.

I love the picture of your house in the snow at night!

Sue said...

A beautiful tribute to the sanctity of a God centered Marriage, Happy Anniversary.
May you have many more Blessings and happy years.
Hugs,
Sue

Bethany said...

Congratulations. My hubby and I celebrated our 22nd anniversary on Dec 29th!