I made this soup for the first time last night. This is a picture of soup, but not the one I made.
'Cause my soup was creamier, soothing and comforting, oh, so delicious!........and Easy.
Elegant Wild Rice Soup.
It was Easy.
It was Delicious.
It got Rave Reviews at our dinner table.
I took the advice offered in the reviews.....
- used a little less flour
- used half and half, but only about 3/4 of what called for. Made it up with a little water. I think milk would have worked as well, but I was a little low.
- skipped the almonds
- added probably more rice. you are adding it in anyway, so do to your own preference
I would call this the Epitome of Comfort Food. And on a dreary, damp cold evening, it was most welcome!
And now, let's take a quick trip to Fawn's for her weekly party -
It's that time again! And the list continues......
9. He is a confident man.
10. He is sold out to Jesus.
11. He is a generous man, and extravagant in his love for me.
12. He calls me Baby, Gorgeous, Fabs, Baby Doll.
13. He thanked me before he left for work this morning. "For what?", I asked. "For being so great", he answered.
14. The first thing he does when we pray together in the morning is thank God for me.
15. His prayer cover has transformed my life.
16. He is romantic.
The love of my life, my greatest blessing after Jesus.
Have a wonderful day!