Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Amaryllis has Bloomed

Actually it has four blooms now.  I've had amaryllis before; this one was a gift.


Instead of the white kind-of-crappy plastic pot that came with it, I potted it up in this great glass container that I dug up in my back yard 2 homes and 20-some years ago.
All my little old bottles came from that back yard.  Digging, gardening, and finding buried treasure.
One of the benefits of living in old homes!


The amaryllis blooms are so extravagant, so exotic.  So many color variations.  I was excited to see what color this one would be!

What a wonderful surprise!

Wishing you a wonderful week!

Carol

11 comments:

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

The flower is beautiful and I love that great pot-enjoy:@)

Vee said...

It is truly lovely...elegant even. What a nice find in your garden...how interesting that it is in such fine shape.

Olive said...

I love amaryllis. They give a lot of bang for the money. In our climate I can plant them in our flower garden and then they bloom every summer.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

the right pot adds so much additional beauty. I always like buying them after Christmas, on sale, to see what they'll look like when they bloom.

Lorraine said...

Oh, so pretty! I haven't grown an amaryllis in years and always admire them.

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

Your amaryllis is so pretty, and the container is an amazing find in your backyard! WOW!

xo,
RJ

Susan said...

Lovely, Carol. I love amarylis! They are such a pretty flower. susan

Barbara Neubeck said...

Hi Carol......love your elegant Amaryllis. Beautiful colour...
Have a good day
Barb from Australia

Linda O'Connell said...

A gift planted in a treasure. That sounds like the opening for a story. Beautiful flower.

Sue said...

I have always wanted to plant one of these in winter, but just haven't yours is beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

momstheword said...

THERE you are! I thought I'd lost you forever, lol!

When I backtracked on your comment to get to your blog, all it took me to was your google page, and it didn't have your blog link on it. (It used to be listed under your "about" page).

So I had no way of accessing your blog, and your comment is set on "no-reply blogger" so I couldn't respond to you via email either.

Then, I figured I'd look you up by your URL name and I found you. Yay! Are you hiding from me? ;)