Saturday, February 9, 2013

Spiritual Sunday


Crazy Peace



Crazy Peace. That's what someone I know who has been in a great battle for his life calls it. It's supernatural. It's inexplicable. It's beyond our understanding.  I am reposting this from 2/5/11 to tell you that my friend has recovered from an unusual cancer of the appendix that was unusually aggressive and had spread through his abdomen, and had also been suspected to be in his chest.  That's right.  Recovered.  Healed.  Brought back from the brink of death.
Hallelujah!
It's God.

Walking beside us.

Carrying us.

My sister was telling me about a book she just read by Carol Kent. Carol's son is a Christian who has been given a life sentence in prison. In spite of all their efforts to appeal, his sentence stands. My sister said it was a new perspective to her......
....how if in spite of prayer and standing for something, if deliverance never comes,
that God isn't necessarily concerned with solving all of our problems. It is more important to Him that we grow in Him, rather than that all our problems be solved.

It's scary. Unless you have Crazy Peace.

Here's our promise:
John 14:27 NIV
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Beyond our understanding. His Peace. Crazy Peace.

Joining Charlotte for Spiritual Sundays.


16 comments:

I'm Sally. said...

Wow - great thoughts for the day! Thanks Carol.

Olive said...

I believe I have read Carol Kent's book about her son. Having worked for the Dept. of Corrections I can say that many are there who know God and follow him. Perhaps God put them there for very good reasons. Wonderful about your friends cancer.

Vee said...

Oh I have heard of Carol Kent's story and watched her testimony somewhere...yes, amazing. She and her husband are very faithful parents to their son, too. What devotion and love. I like that term...crazy peace. It's a good one, except that it isn't crazy at all, it's absolute sanity. Just as "supernatural" only means a little more natural than usual. So happy for your friend that he is well. God is good. All the time.

Susan said...

Hi Carol....Happy for your friend who had the cancer cure. Sad for Carol's son. I don't know how she can survive that other than putting him and her entire family and herself into God's loving care.

Crazy peace or just plain ol' serene peace. I'll take em both! Susan

elizabeth said...

I'm so happy for your friend! YaY, Jesus!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Thank goodness we have a Lord who offers this Crazy Peace! Praise God!

Vickie said...

I had not heard that story - wonderful! Yes, crazy peace from the Lord is what gets us through life. I don't know how people without it even get out of bed in the morning!

Linda O'Connell said...

Peace, the being still and knowing, such reassurance. Nice post.

Janette's Sage/Simply Your Decor said...

I have read Carol Kent book...very good.

Thank you for this today you are the second post this morning on peace...something I am in need of...supernatural peace...thanks for providing another confirmation...crazy peace Lord, crazy peace

Sarah@Like sunshine in the home said...

Lovely.

Peace, perfect peace. x

Thistle Cove Farm said...

I am rejoicing with you and your friend; wishing I had that crazy peace right now.

My Cottage Diary said...

Praise the Lord! Thanks for sharing this wonderful post! Blessings to you! Bess

Barbara Neubeck said...

Hi Carol.....
God's peace...how wonderful,
Your friend's cure...how wonderful....
God is Good......
Lovely post,
Have a good day
Barb xx

Mary Ellen said...

Carol- love the phrase Crazy Peace! It is that peace that passes all understanding and what a gift it is!
I believe we are going to be experiencing it even more in our lives in the coming crazy days that are ahead of us. So glad we have such an awesome Father!

bee blessed
mary

Leann said...

Praise Jesus!

Cindy said...

You are absolutely right, it is a crazy kind of feeling, when the world is falling in around your ears and you are fine with it. That's what we experienced when my own daughter was faced with cancer and possibly losing her life. God gave us such peace.
Hugs, cindy