Thursday, March 14, 2013

A New Day

The wind has been gusting since last evening.
The old windows are rattling.


But the sun is shining so beautifully!


 
The white lace curtains, the old painted radiator, a simple tablecloth, the lines of the chair backs. 


It puts me in a spring mindset.  And that's a good thing.


Back to the ongoing list......thanks for hosting, Fawn!  (she's having a Disney giveaway, y'all!)


48.  I ironed a pair of his khakis last week.  He thought I'd do an 'okay' job, but was so pleased and happy that I did a great job!  I felt so good.
49.  He enjoyed his chicken fried rice lunch yesterday that I made for him.  Lots of 'mmmm'-ing going on.
50.  He's going to help me get my community garden plot tilled up this weekend!
51.  He's cheerful when he gets up in the morning.

9 comments:

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

the wind here yesterday was something else...I want spring!

Vee said...

I am not content until I have heard my husband hmmmming over his supper. He may only do this to get supper the next night...hmmmm...

What a nice photo of your dining room with the light, the curtains, the plants and all...

Mrs. Mac said...

It's the simple things .. like sun filtered lace .. that makes getting into spring a step in the right direction.

Olive said...

Beautiful sunny images. I love to feed my guy too.

Fawn Weaver said...

Having a hubby whose cheerful in the morning, now that is a beautiful thing!

Linda O'Connell said...

My husband is also cheerful int he morning and it is such a blessing. Your home looks so inviting. spring, hurry!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

The sunshine coming in through the lovely curtains is so pretty! beautiful room!

Sue said...

Windy here too, Carol, but it lets me know just how close spring and summer are, and I am so looking forward to the new season. Your photos are so pretty, and your list is very sweet, thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

Cindy said...

Your home looks beautiful in the bright sunshine. Your home shines with love! And so does your list.
Hugs, Cindy