Friday, June 21, 2013

Keeping Busy!

 I could show you a BEFORE picture of the porches, but who hasn't seen a tired looking, in-need-of-cleaning-and-restaining deck floor?


 They've been scrubbed, 2 coats of stain applied, dried and re-furnished.


That's a white stain on the railing, folks!  I applied it a couple of years ago, and it has held up well.  Just needs the top scraped a bit and re-stained.  Next week, methinks.


 The steps have never looked better.  I can line them with pots of plants again!


I spend many an hour out here in this retreat.....and take many a nap in the hammock swing!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Carol

14 comments:

elizabeth said...

It looks like a perfect spot for hammock napping. I'm a wee bit jealous! I've never had the privilege of napping in a hammock!

Lynn@Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Looks like your summer space is all spruced up and waiting for you-enjoy:@)

Susan said...

Hi Carol...Hope you have a wonderful weekend, too! Your stairs and deck look fabulous. Be sure to show us your pots on the stairs when you finish! Susan

Leann said...

Good to hear from you Carol! Looks like you have been a busy gal - I'm envious!

Enjoy your retreat!

Kathy Moreland said...

Oh Wow!! Can I come for a visit? Looks so clean and comfy! Love the hydrangeas in your header.

Barbara Neubeck said...

Hi Carol.......your porch is a lovely haven....and your Hydrangeas are gorgeous.....
I love the pot plants on the steps...
Hugs...Barb xxx

Vee said...

A nap in the hammock swing? Oh now you are just showing off. =D I'd adore that! So glad that you do it. I love your deck and stairs; however, I also love befores and afters.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Your deck and steps look new! and I love your chair. Your new header with your hydrangea is gorgeous!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

such a beautiful porch and I'm a fan of stain and not paint. stain is so much easier now and later.

Tim and Kristy said...

Looks like a wonderful summer retreat. I've always wanted a hammock, how cool!

Tim and Kristy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindy said...

Your porch floor and all looks beautiful and very restful, a place that you enjoy very much, I'm sure.
Hugs, Cindy

Debbie said...

I am crazy about the way this looks. What color stain is it, and what brand of white stain did you use for the railings? I would like mine to look like this.

Blackberry Lane said...

Beautiful job.