Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Hanging Out, Out Back

Summer is my favorite time of year. Even when it is hot, humid, hazy, rainy.
It just is.




My new ride is opening up all kinds of possibilities in the hauling and treasure finding department!


Purple cone flowers, vinca, begonias, more lilies.  See the hanging baskets?  They are filled with black eyed Susan vine - from seeds saved from last year!


There's lots going on by the garage.


The little garden behind the little back porch is thriving.  I made the rock wall last year with rocks from the yard and it has held up well!  Asparagus, thyme, rhubarb, oregano, lavender, lemon balm, creeping woodruff, and lilies.


A closer look.

When digging up the back left corner of the yard, I felt like I was on an archeological dig!  Many cinder blocks, part of a hockey stick, metal roof from a bird house, another cast iron something, and THIS.
THIS is a Ruud No. 25 Water Heater.
Repurposing ideas welcome for this baby!

Have a glorious Fourth!

Carol

10 comments:

Lynn@Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Everything looks like it's thriving Carol! I'll leave the re-purposing to the folks that do that well... Happy 4th of July, here's hoping for a dry and sunny one:@)

Blackberry Lane said...

I could spend hours enjoying your gardens. Love the water heater find; can't wait to see what you do with that. Wishing you all a lovely Fourth!

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Your back yard looks like an Oasis!
Ours is so dry in places...I've been recycling my dish water just to keep the grass near the house green!
(TX drought season)

I like the red gate with the pots hanging off of it. So cute!
...we just got our truck back, curb shopping might be incorporated into my day time habits!
Pat

Vee said...

A bird feeder? You are having fun! A truck can be a great blessing. My hubby comes home every week from the recycling center with something that he thinks is just great. I don't know...he's been able to build a porch with the stuff.

A happy 4th! You have a wonderful place out back to celebrate it!

Vickie said...

You have a beautiful place, Carol! I love looking around in your yard and gardens...
Happy 4th!

Vickie said...

You have a beautiful place, Carol! I love looking around in your yard and gardens...
Happy 4th!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

I dearly love my pick up trucks; so totally handy and useful!

Debbie said...

It looks like a summer wonderland. My favorite thing is that festive red trellis. I love that. If red didn't look so lame next to the butt ugly color of my house, I would copycat that just for the fun of it.

Cindy said...

Your flowers and plants are beautiful. I would use the old heater as an umbrella stand if there is an opening that goes clean through to the bottom. Every vintage home needs one of those!

Kathy Moreland said...

Beautiful space! Love your repurposed water heater! Your rock wall is fabulous too!