Wednesday, August 28, 2013

More Miscellany

Not sure what's happened with my header....will have to address that! Anyway......


The pansies (see "header") were replaced with these ferns a few weeks ago.  I found them at WalMart. They were $5.48 apiece!!!!  Score!


We got a mushroom log last October.  This year we are growing mushrooms!


Shiitake, anyone???


The PeeGee hydrangea is in full bloom.  Always looks bridal to me.  Beautiful.


Late to the party!
The mop heads finished blooming months ago, as you can see in the background.  But then I noticed this bloom.  I'm okay with that!


I can never pull out a volunteer cleome.  So I just moved the geranium pots to accommodate this lovely.


We will be moving Chickie into the dorm tomorrow.  Here's a timely devotional from Jesus Calling that my sister brought to my attention, and it's been blessing many ever since!

Blessings and joy,

Carol

6 comments:

Vee said...

Wow! I can think of so many who would benefit from that reading...

Say, you're not taking autumn off are you?

Debbie said...

I will make it a point to pray for your mother's heart in moving your Chickie to a dorm. She is well girded and will do just great. (And so will you. I promise.)

And that devotional you posted is wonderful. I could not agree more, and it is such an easy trap to fall into that particular idolatry. Satan dupes our hearts into thinking it's love. Excellent.

Sue said...

How beautiful your flowers are, I would love to know where you purchased a mushroom log. We have always wanted to grow our mushrooms.
The devotional from Jesus Calling is perfect for all, as I have a daughter who lives so far away. Who better to trust our loved ones to than Jesus. Thank for sharing.
Sue

Thistle Cove Farm said...

How great you have fresh mushrooms and love the devotion. It's a blessing.

Susan said...

Everything looks lovely, Carol, especially those ferns! Great job. susan

Leann said...

I needed this one!