Sunday, September 1, 2013

Pictures, Links and Few Words

On Friday, Mister and I took a day trip. We started at The Green Dragon (http://www.greendragonmarket.com/index.php) in Ephrata, PA.  There is a local saying, "If you can't buy it at the Green Dragon, it chust ain't fer sale!"

That's pretty accurate.

It was extremely HOT and humid, and I didn't get pictures.  But there are plenty on the website.

Then we stopped at Lititz, and then on to Bube's Brewery.  (http://www.bubesbrewery.com/index.htm)  Bube's is an intact historic 19th century brewery and museum complex, offering fine dining in the Catacombs, Alois, Bottling Works.

We chose the Biergarten.  Best outdoor eating area we've encountered in PA!


Great garden ideas everywhere I looked.


My dining companion was delightful.




See the huge black open oven door?




Clearer shot of oven door.


Gorgeous sunlight-dappled trees overhead!


Chess!


Levels everywhere added to the ambiance.

(my links work well on my posts.....until I actually post them.  Not sure why, so I have entered them on the draft and then printed them out on the post.  If anyone knows why, lemmeno!  Thanks!)

Wishing you a glorious holiday!

Carol

14 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

Thanks for taking us along on this little visit. Don't you just love day tripping?

Lynn@Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

I haven't been to the Green Dragon in years, it sure is a fun place though:@)

Cheryl said...

What a lovely eating area! Hope you were able to enjoy it despite the heat and humidity! (It looks shady and cool in the pictures.) :)

Carol said...

I just love little day trips and exploring some out-of-the-way place and then finding an extremely interesting place to have lunch. Thanks for sharing your outing!

Vickie said...

Hi Carol - thanks for your visit! Great to be back for a bit - hope it lasts! I love little mini-adventures like this especially when they turn out to be so charming as this place! I'll bet y'all will be going back. Loved the huge chess game, too!

Tim and Kristy said...

Glad you had a nice day out. I love days like that exploring new places and with great company!

Janette's Sage/Simply Your Decor said...

How fun and how relaxing!

Leann said...

Oh I LOVE the Green Dragon as you know! The brewery sounds wonderful!

Glad that you had a wonderful day!

Enjoy your weekend!

Heaven's Walk said...

Love taking day trips with my hubby, too, Carol! That sweet restaurant looks so charming and cozy under the canopy of trees overhead. :) Thanks for taking us with you today! :) Oh...and yes...we can 300 jars. We use alot of it in our cooking and also give much of away to friends and family as gifts. Hubby plants about 30 tomato plants each year, and is quite a master of growing fabulous ones. They are just the best!! Big Boy and Early Girl are his favs. Hope you're enjoying the autumnal feel to the air! Fall is coming! :)

xoxo laurie

Debbie said...

You have just described what I think would be a perfect day with my husband.

bj said...

Never been there but it looks amazing. :))

bj said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Saleslady371 said...

What a beautiful garden setting to enjoy a meal with your mister! I bet the smells were great too with that opened oven!

Cindy said...

Looks like a wonderful place to visit! Glad you had fun.