Thursday, October 10, 2013

Late to the Party, We are Decked out for Fall

Dare I say it???!
I do.
Happy Fall, y'all!


This is what I have to deal with when decorating.  I usually do it in the afternoon, when the fellas are napping, though I didn't get away with it this time!
And here are my fall decorations.  All 3 of them.


The garland is the show stopper here.  It will stay on the mantel til January.  Further embellishments to be added as Thanksgiving transitions to the Christmas season.
The mantel was in place when we moved in.  I painted it and the trim white, and the faux fireplace opening a flat black.  Mister picked up the screen in his travels.


The li'l white pumpkin rests upon some old cookbooks in the kitchen.


And the spoon rest, well,  rests.


Look what I found at the Salvation Army shop yesterday!!!!
Mint. In. Box.
Instructions inside and all.
99 CENTS!  Terribly exciting!  It works perfectly.  It'll be out year round methinks.

So hoping this finds all of you in the midst of a great week.  All your fall decorating is beautiful!

Carol


9 comments:

Saleslady371 said...

Mantel is beautiful. Love the white! Leaves are first yellowing here...just a hint!

Lynn@Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Your garland is very pretty Carol! Lovin' the Fiesta timer and you can't beat 99¢-enjoy:@)

Debbie said...

I really love the look of your mantel, and I love the fact that you leave the garland and tweak it through the entire fall/Christmas season. I changed mine up this year, and the jury is still out in my mind about it. Some days I love it, and some days, I think, "Yikes the orange!"

Sue said...

Love the fact that your garland can stay up through the new Year! great idea! What a treasure the Fiesta clock! I never find anything worth taking home at our Salvation Army, so I have slacked off going, maybe it's time I went back. ~smile~
Enjoy your weekend.
Sue

The Quintessential Magpie said...

You have the best helpers EVER!

xo,

Sheila

elizabeth said...

Love your thrift store timer! Great find!

Linda O'Connell said...

That timer is a treasure, and your garland gorgeous, but that little Scrabble idea SERVE made me smile. Today I will put up my fall decorations.

ImSoVintage Laura Walker said...

Love that timer. What a great find and the mantle looks great. xo Laura

The Old Parsonage said...

Ahh what a great find in that timer!! Love it!

Happy Fall to you too!

xo
Leann