Saturday, December 14, 2013

What's Up

Been busy with working, and lots of other things lately.  But I was so excited, that I thought I would post.
*squeal*


 I'll start off with some eye candy, just to lure you in.  'Cause the rest of the pictures aren't going to be pretty.
The tree's up.

Yesterday I came home from work, and a terrible thing happened to the impractical-much-despised-by-me-cream-colored-wall-to-wall carpet in the family room.  I kept trying to clean it, and then, much to my joy, Mister said I could just get rid of it!  So I did, and had things back in place before he got home from work.


I cut around the Christmas tree!  Um...yeah. I did.
Because this is the addition, there is a subfloor, but no lovely wood floor.


 Do you like the big Oriental rug I picked up one day while shopping the curb?!
We will have it cleaned and some minor repairs done.  It's a lovely thing.


Now I shall pull staples and tack strips at my convenience.  I did pull the staples up under the Oriental rug before laying it there.
A new floor is not in the budget right now, but boy, do I have some great ideas!  I only will do the perimeter of the room, since the rug will cover the center.


Keeping the tools handy so I can keep chipping away.....

I am SO excited!  You really have no idea.

And the other thing is......all week I've been thinking that 52 is the best age yet.

Blessings, dear friends!

Carol

8 comments:

Kathy Moreland said...

Well, there ya go!! Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve!!

Barbara Neubeck said...

Hello and Merry Christmas, Carol.....
How wonderful that the carpet is gone..... I know how excited I was when we took the carpet out of our lounge and hall...
Your tree looks lovely...
Hugs and Blessings
Barb xxxx

Linda O'Connell said...

Love those curbside bargains. That rug is gorgeous. I was in an old historic building (formerly a home) converted to a holiday shop. The owner had painted the perimeter of the floor and then created all the details of a carpet: fringe, design. It was incredible and until you stood on it you couldn't even tell it wasn't a rug.

Olive said...

Love your enthusiast spirit. Merry Christmas

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Boy, I have missed you! Your tree is so pretty, love the rug, and can't wait to see what you do with the floor!

xo

Sheila

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Don't you just love when you can snap your fingers and voi'la!
the carpet, she is gone!
You should do like I did and decoupage brown paper to the floor!
it would be cheap...er, uhm, IN-EXPENSIVE...and IT LOOKS LIKE WOOD!
it's on the side bar of my blog...it is my most 'favorited'(?) popular post. :)
Merry Christmas too you. Great idea to cut around the tree...
~Pat

Cindy said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!

Vee said...

Okay, I am here, but somehow this does not seem right. Are you blogging in a new place? That might explain why the widget broke down and stopped updating your blog. I figured that I could keep up by having my old-fashioned blog list and your visits. Guess not. Eeek. Send me a link to the new place. New name? I'm so lost.

(I think you were brave to tear out the carpeting. I used to be very brave. Once I tore out a kitchen wall opening up the back staircase to the kitchen. I'd not dare such things now.)