Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Other Times, Other Seasons, February Note Card Party at Vee's

The snow is so beautiful, and it keeps on coming. As does the ice. As Mister is out front chipping at the ice that coats our sidewalk, let's revisit other seasons, shall we? (my link feature is still wonky....dunno why)

Mount Gretna, PA, is always a great place to visit.  Originally a summer church meeting camp ground affiliated with the Methodist Church, it is also used today as year round residence for some, vacation homes for others.  http://oursearskithome.blogspot.com/search/label/Mt.%20Gretna


The beautiful details on the front porch of the Mainstay Inn in Cape May, New Jersey, still enchant me.
http://oursearskithome.blogspot.com/search/label/Mainstay%20Inn


Our back porch off the family room is a delightful place to while away the hours.
Oh look....the dog in the bottom left.  Always wanting to go back indoors.  C'mon, it's a beautiful day!!


And just because......Chickie was graffiti a few years ago.  It has since been painted over, but I did like it!

Joining Vee for February's Notecard Party!!

ahavenforvee.blogspot.com

17 comments:

Donna said...

How fun! Architecture photos such as these are great sources for note cards.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Wow! The graffiti painting is amazing! It makes you feel so good when you capture something with your camera before it is gone! Great choices for notecards! Hugs!

Wanda said...

Oh these pictures just make me feel warm all over.

I'm new to Card Party, and I'm just loving every post I visit.

I want that porch.. I'll even take the dog..he might like our Molly dog. HaHa

Vee said...

How'd you do that graffiti? Chickie is so adorable!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

It's nice to visit places of warmth and interest through photos during winter. Even though graffiti, the girl on the wall is really good and I'm glad you captured her before being painted over.

Linda H said...

Lovely choices - so different from all the others. Love those grand old homes, especially the front porches.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

This is so lovely, Carol.

It reminds me of a town that is on Martha's Vineyard that also was a camp meeting place for Methodists, I think.

I love the design on the columns!

xo

Sheila

Cheryl said...

Love these photos of homes/gathering places. I am glad that you included your own, because it has such a warm and welcoming look!
Your chickie is darling!

Debbie said...

I love graffiti Chickie the best of all! That was wonderfully done! I'm glad you saved a photo of it if it has been painted over.

Debbie said...

I love graffiti Chickie the best of all! That was wonderfully done! I'm glad you saved a photo of it if it has been painted over.

Kim Poovey said...

Beautiful!!!

Blessings,

Kim
http://beartonabbey.blogspot.com

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Hi again Carol
Thanks for letting me know the drawing was your daughter, I like it even more now!
The blue things on the beach you asked about are shade tents a company lines up and there are 2 chairs included on the open side - they rent them out.
Did you know your setting is 'no-reply' on your comments? I was going to email back from your comment but wasn't able to.
Judith

Sarah said...

The details on the trim of that porch are amazing. You could do an entire series around those elements along.

Barbara Neubeck said...

Carol, I love the graffiti Chickie, too.... it's beautifully done.
I like looking at stately old houses.
The porches are lovely ... but I do like your porch best... Hope the snow and ice ease up soon and let you have some Spring.
Hugs and Blessings ...
Barb xxx

The Old Parsonage said...

And snow again today, but what about the impending "doom" they are talking about again on Sunday. Loved seeing the sunny day shots!

Leann

Janette's Sage/Simply Your Decor said...

fun, fun, fun and so appropriate from the lady with the Sears House...I love Chickie also

Saleslady371 said...

I like them all especially the graffiti and back porch!

Of course Carrie remembers you; how can she forget those who saw her through such a difficult time. I hope she creates a new blog someday too; too busy now with a new marriage and family but I think we'll be reading her antics in the future. Thank you, Carol, for prayers; she is so grateful.
Shooting for natural childbirth!

Hugs,
Mary